Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CJ Smith

Default Re: CJ Smith

Sometimes I wonder if people watch the actual game or know anything about the position. This thread is as lame as the trash put out there about that other corner....you know the one starting for the Jets (first year)

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

So, let me take a shot at this - "Moglia style" - and attempt to explain how the brain works when it comes to Bison football these days.

Close your eyes. Now imagine this is 2010 - no better yet, 2009 - and the Bison are making their very first deep FCS playoff run with a 3rd straight home playoff game. Concentrate......concentrate.......shut out the past and focus on the now. Ok, how do you feel?

Are you excited out of your freeking mind!?
    Are you saying and thinking things like "Damn, this new coaching staff is brilliant!" and/or "My gosh, our young offense is unstoppable!" and/or "It's scary, with all our young talent, we are only going to get better!"?
    Are you telling your friends and coworkers that you've never heard the Dome so loud?
    Are you starting threads on Bisonville that breakdown how athletic this defense is to be able to bend but not break against some big-time FCS offenses, and seemingly shut down myriad types of offensive schemes?

You can tell if you are not using your brain to full capacity in this regard, because you hear and buy into all the noise around you, instead of focusing on what matters and tuning the noise and distractions out.
    Well, that's what I took away from Coach Joe, anyway.

I will add that you know damn well that a player (maybe not CJ) will read this...and say....Hey CJ, there is a 10 page thread on BV where those crazy F**** are complaining about how crappy you have been playing. It makes NDSU fans look pathetic. How about you ask Klieman what he thinks about his top cover corner? my goodness. Embarassing. I will go back to waving my pom poms correctly and try to not be so bothered by these threads. #nevergoodenoughforspoiledfans
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I will add that you know damn well that a player (maybe not CJ) will read this...and say....Hey CJ, there is a 10 page thread on BV where those crazy F**** are complaining about how crappy you have been playing. It makes NDSU fans look pathetic. How about you ask Klieman what he thinks about his top cover corner? my goodness. Embarassing. I will go back to waving my pom poms correctly and try to not be so bothered by these threads. #nevergoodenoughforspoiledfans
    If they really are reading this. Please, oh please, get rid of those green striped shirts. They look like laughy taffy.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    If they really are reading this. Please, oh please, get rid of those green striped shirts. They look like laughy taffy.
    They've grown on me. I actually wouldn't mind one if it didn't cost $80.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I'm doubting the coaches have much say in what they wear on the sidelines. Nike is the sponsor, that is the product Nike made for everybody they sponsor, so here we are. I will not be buying that polo this year but the bookstore does have a great new Ping polo that I intend on buying! Back to putting this thread in the shame pile! CJ is an absolute stud of a cover corner. You show me another CB who can stick to their player like glue ON EVERY PLAY.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if people watch the actual game or know anything about the position. This thread is as lame as the trash put out there about that other corner....you know the one starting for the Jets (first year)
    Lots of armchair QBs on BV that have never played a single down of football at any level.

In the case of this thread: A completion = awful coverage. Man are we spoiled lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Lots of armchair QBs on BV that have never played a single down of football at any level.

In the case of this thread: A completion = awful coverage. Man are we spoiled lol
    Armchair QB, Endzone QB, what's the difference?
    EZ, I am glad you are posting again. You are motivating me to give it a try, too!

For the sake of the thread, CJ Smith is a stud. And yes, we are spoiled!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    So, let me take a shot at this - "Moglia style" - and attempt to explain how the brain works when it comes to Bison football these days.

Close your eyes. Now imagine this is 2010 - no better yet, 2009 - and the Bison are making their very first deep FCS playoff run with a 3rd straight home playoff game. Concentrate......concentrate.......shut out the past and focus on the now. Ok, how do you feel?

Are you excited out of your freeking mind!?
    Are you saying and thinking things like "Damn, this new coaching staff is brilliant!" and/or "My gosh, our young offense is unstoppable!" and/or "It's scary, with all our young talent, we are only going to get better!"?
    Are you telling your friends and coworkers that you've never heard the Dome so loud?
    Are you starting threads on Bisonville that breakdown how athletic this defense is to be able to bend but not break against some big-time FCS offenses, and seemingly shut down myriad types of offensive schemes?

You can tell if you are not using your brain to full capacity in this regard, because you hear and buy into all the noise around you, instead of focusing on what matters and tuning the noise and distractions out.
    Well, that's what I took away from Coach Joe, anyway.
    Funny at the game we were talking about how this team reminded us of the 2nd run. (first Championship)

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Armchair QB, Endzone QB, what's the difference?
    EZ, I am glad you are posting again. You are motivating me to give it a try, too!

For the sake of the thread, CJ Smith is a stud. And yes, we are spoiled!
    Busted. That softball was worth it if it got Kermit to reply!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.