Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CJ Smith

Default CJ Smith

Playing bad or just being outplayed by better players? Last two weeks it seems that he has given up some pretty good chunks through the air and also has been called for pass interference multiple times.

He also made a very very dangerous play on a punt return in the 4th quarter against Coastal. If he does not pick up that ball for a second time, Coastal gets the ball inside the 30 and the game is likely over.

In my opinion, CJ needs to step up his game big time on Friday in order for the Bison to win. If Entz drops Heagle down into the box to help with the run, there is going to be quite a bit isolation on the outside and Sam Houston has some very athletic wide receivers. If CJ is returning punts, he also needs to have some better decision making.

Default Re: CJ Smith

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Playing bad or just being outplayed by better players? Last two weeks it seems that he has given up some pretty good chunks through the air and also has been called for pass interference multiple times.

He also made a very very dangerous play on a punt return in the 4th quarter against Coastal. If he does not pick up that ball for a second time, Coastal gets the ball inside the 30 and the game is likely over.

In my opinion, CJ needs to step up his game big time on Friday in order for the Bison to win. If Entz drops Heagle down into the box to help with the run, there is going to be quite a bit isolation on the outside and Sam Houston has some very athletic wide receivers. If CJ is returning punts, he also needs to have some better decision making.
    Other than trying to field punts rolling on the ground CJ shouldn't change a thing.

PI calls have been questionable and the catches he's given up have been on some pretty pin point throws.

Considering he's going up against guys 4-6 inches taller than him, I think he's doing great. He hasn't been burned and he's always right there to break it up or make the quick tackle. The guy is a stud. He's not a ball hawk and I doubt ever will be. I love his style of play. Any catches against him have been in a tight window or he's been out jumped. But he is always there.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

That one PI call was a joke against CC. That ball was way out of bounds....uncatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    That one PI call was a joke against CC. That ball was way out of bounds....uncatchable.
    Was that the one that the announcers thought was holding early in the route and not PI as was called on the field?

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Other than trying to field punts rolling on the ground CJ shouldn't change a thing.

PI calls have been questionable and the catches he's given up have been on some pretty pin point throws.
    This.......

so lets see, calling him out because in the past two games he has played 1 kid that took second for the Jerry Rica award, and another that was All Conference and has put up big numbers all year?

If anything I was more worried the way CCU ran all over us, we won are in the semis and the last 2 teams we beat were good
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

You really posted this??? Seriously????????? Get a clue!!! CJ is one of the best DB's in the country. Those throws have been PERFECT!!! CJ is man/man most of the game. This allows us to do other things on defense. We rarely give him help......

Honestly one of the dumbest posts ever on this board.

Next thing you'll post is why #53 only has 1/2 sack the past two games...... He must be really bad.......

CJ has been a strong player for us all year. Played well last year too.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

CJs been playing pretty well. Bad take IMO.