Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where is Heagle?

Default Re: Where is Heagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    We can't keep going to that excuse. There needs to be some game planning as described above to let our athleticism get loose.
    It's not an excuse. You can't coach speed and you can't snap your fingers and suddenly have a replacement that does what Travis did. Carlton hasn't played that position for 3 seasons and he was the backup to Travis then. There's reasons for that.

It's not personal. If you've really watched our corners all season you are aware that they aren't tall and they have consistently been slower than the receivers they are trying to cover.

You can hide that when there is a strong pass rush and the Tampa 2 scheme also uses the safeties to help.

There is plenty of knowledge on how to defeat the Tampa 2 and where the weaknesses are. One big strategy is to get a WR on a LB.

Travis could be counted on to take on slot and WR and we didn't need to help him.

Stopping the run was aided because Heagle and Dud could come up aggressively as soon as they read it. Now everybody needs to hedge more to avoid the big play.

Travis hasn't played the last two games. We have played two pretty good offenses but I don't think the yards and points we've given up in those two games is a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    It's not an excuse. You can't coach speed and you can't snap your fingers and suddenly have a replacement that does what Travis did. Carlton hasn't played that position for 3 seasons and he was the backup to Travis then. There's reasons for that.

It's not personal. If you've really watched our corners all season you are aware that they aren't tall and they have consistently been slower than the receivers they are trying to cover.

You can hide that when there is a strong pass rush and the Tampa 2 scheme also uses the safeties to help.

There is plenty of knowledge on how to defeat the Tampa 2 and where the weaknesses are. One big strategy is to get a WR on a LB.

Travis could be counted on to take on slot and WR and we didn't need to help him.

Stopping the run was aided because Heagle and Dud could come up aggressively as soon as they read it. Now everybody needs to hedge more to avoid the big play.

Travis hasn't played the last two games. We have played two pretty good offenses but I don't think the yards and points we've given up in those two games is a coincidence.

and........the Bison still won those games.

I think the hope was that Gee-Tucker would be able to play much like Beck but unfortunately his injuries just haven't allowed him to develop and not sure he has the speed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    and........the Bison still won those games.
    Yes. Because they made just enough stops AND our offense is scoring.

It's a real balanced team effort.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I think Heagle and Dudzik are a little worn out. The have played a lot of football and made a lot of hits and tackles over the years. Is it possible to rotate someone in (Board?) once in a while? Kid can hit. Limited experience of course.
    I tend to agree with the worn out factor, but it's just an opinion of mine as well. The way our guys looked yesterday to me was a beat up group of fighters that keep coming out when the bell rings.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

You're putting way too much on the loss of Beck. I'll tell you what we miss more and that's Carlton in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    You're putting way too much on the loss of Beck. I'll tell you what we miss more and that's Carlton in the middle.
    Which is a result of losing Beck.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

If we can manage to get by the kats, a break will be much needed.

I think all of this is a bit of an overreaction. We only gave up about 250 yards to the Jacks. Penalties kept several of there drives alive. Yesterday was a different animal. When we went back to basically our base D schemes their last 3 drives they gained 15 total yards. Our DC did not do a very good job yesterday of giving our players the best chance to make plays, and I am sure he is well aware if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I think all of this is a bit of an overreaction. We only gave up about 250 yards to the Jacks. Penalties kept several of there drives alive. Yesterday was a different animal. When we went back to basically our base D schemes their last 3 drives they gained 15 total yards. Our DC did not do a very good job yesterday of giving our players the best chance to make plays, and I am sure he is well aware if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this is correct. Big difference at the end. I'm sure it was discussed.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans