Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is Heagle?

Default Re: Where is Heagle?

Drevlow, Perry, Leucke are gone....

This years DTs have done a great job stepping up, but we're just not as big strong and deep as we were last year in the defensive interior line. We are not owing the los like last year making it more difficult for the LBs and safeties coming up in run support.

That's what I see anyway.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This. We are not getting the penetration, push, and plays in the backfield like previous seasons. Next year these young guys will be better with experience etc. but I hope we can land a big athletic DT recruit who can step in immediately. We need help here

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Next year we need Farnlof and Morgan to up their game in a big way if we are going to compete with Illinois State for the MVFC crown, and even put some pressure on the current starters. As for the defensive ends, it's going to be Ambrosius and Menard, then after that ????

As for right now in the semifinal and hopefully the chipper; I think they figured something out in the 4th quarter yesterday. That should play into the gameplan for Sammy. Heagle should be playing in the box since Sammy isn't going to be a big passing threat. Stop the run and the game is over. The Bison need to play contain on passing downs and now blast upfield with the defensive ends. Easier said than done. Sammy just isn't going to beat us throwing the ball (like they did to Villanova) so there is no point in sacrificing the run defense to help out the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    This. We are not getting the penetration, push, and plays in the backfield like previous seasons. Next year these young guys will be better with experience etc. but I hope we can land a big athletic DT recruit who can step in immediately. We need help here
    Appreciate your take but landing a interior dline that can contribute immediately is as likely as a true freshman starting on the oline these guys are made in their redshirt year

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Crazy thought but they had Dempsey playing some safety early in the year. I wonder if they'd ever consider playing heags at his safety position in there base and then when they play nickel bring in Dempsey and put him back in the safety spot and bring heagle up to play corner just to get him closer to the LOS.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It seemed like the defense was muscling their way to the quarterback and then in the 4th they worked smarter and got to him.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Simple answer? Travis Beck got hurt. The effects are numerous. Especially in coverage schemes.
    We can't keep going to that excuse. There needs to be some game planning as described above to let our athleticism get loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    We can't keep going to that excuse. There needs to be some game planning as described above to let our athleticism get loose.
    I think Heagle and Dudzik are a little worn out. The have played a lot of football and made a lot of hits and tackles over the years. Is it possible to rotate someone in (Board?) once in a while? Kid can hit. Limited experience of course.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Well if I was the coach I'd put Dempsey in at safety and move Heagle to LB. He's a much better tackler then Thornton IMO. Thornton has been out of position/missed too many tackles as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Well if I was the coach I'd put Dempsey in at safety and move Heagle to LB. He's a much better tackler then Thornton IMO. Thornton has been out of position/missed too many tackles as of late.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed