Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU v. SHSU

Default Re: Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    They are tackling very poorly and YAC is going through the roof because of that. They are also taking some very poor pursuit angles, so yeah, they are playing like shit.
    All of which can be corrected. I'd be way more concerned if we were getting blown off the ball. CCU has s nice scheme. That delayed run with multiple WR is tough.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

If the defense can play Bison football next weekend, which means D has to step up. Every teams becomes scary now because our D doesn't stand out any more. Someone should do a defensive stat comparison of all the remaining teams. I bet our Bison look pretty average...or maybe slightly below.
    Last edited by AjaxTheMighty; 12-13-2014 at 10:32 PM.

sam houston is VERY athletic with a lot of FBS transfers......its going to take everything we got to beat them....yes I know that southern speed but the way we look on d?....may have to out score teams the rest of the way

Default Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post
    If the defense can play Bison football next weekend, which means D has to step up. Ever teams becomes scary now because our D doesn't stand out any more. Someone should do a defensive stat comparison of all the remaining teams. I bet our Bison look pretty average...or maybe slightly below.
    Just did a quick glance of all the teams that played this round and NDSU gave up the 2nd fewest yards, with Chattanooga giving up the fewest. Villanova had over 500 yds of offense. Of the teams last week, NDSU gave up the 3rd fewest yards..

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Shoot. Doubt is setting in after today, someone reassure me for goodness sake!

I need Brock Jensen to punch me in the face

Sam Houston has given up over 1000yds of offense in the last two games.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do they have a heck of a rb?

It's not like #31 was a shrinking violet. He was low to the ground and very powerful. Did we miss a few tackles? Yes, but the other guy is on scholarship too. It was only our 2nd game without one of our standout LBs. Obviously more difficult to replace Beck this year than other players that went down in previous years. Don't know how much Coach K was involved with the defensive game plan this week, but it wasn't that good. Going to be another tough one next week to say the least.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Will KC Keeler wear sunglasses in the Fargodome?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    It's not like #31 was a shrinking violet. He was low to the ground and very powerful. Did we miss a few tackles? Yes, but the other guy is on scholarship too. It was only our 2nd game without one of our standout LBs. Obviously more difficult to replace Beck this year than other players that went down in previous years. Don't know how much Coach K was involved with the defensive game plan this week, but it wasn't that good. Going to be another tough one next week to say the least.
    While I won't argue the overall defensive game plan was not that good I though the halftime adjustment to rush three and go with one high safety was brilliant. CC had no answer for that defense and it confused the hell out of Ross each time. So, they did make some incredible adjustments!