Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelini to YSU

Default Re: Pelini to YSU

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    You never know. Him and his wife are from there. I think it's great for the conference.
    For two years, Nebraska pays the difference between whatever YSU is paying him and $3.5M. Once that two years is over, he makes what he makes. Do you really think he'll go from $3.5M/year to, say, $400k/year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    For two years, Nebraska pays the difference between whatever YSU is paying him and $3.5M. Once that two years is over, he makes what he makes. Do you really think he'll go from $3.5M/year to, say, $400k/year?

Well, Wyoming might have an opening by then.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

@ChadK426: YSU spokesperson tells me there is "no pending agreement with Pelini. No offer had been made. No idea where report came from."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    @ChadK426: YSU spokesperson tells me there is "no pending agreement with Pelini. No offer had been made. No idea where report came from."
    Izzo went with it on WDAY minutes ago

Joe Scalzo@JoeScalzo1 · 40m 40 minutes ago

Talked to good source at YSU and they were caught off-guard by this. Source said job has not been officially offered or accepted.

Joe Scalzo‏@JoeScalzo1
    That's not to say it won't happen, just that YSU is a little miffed that Football Scoop apparently heard from Pelini source before they did.

Joe Scalzo@JoeScalzo1 · 13m 13 minutes ago

I've talked to a couple Mooney people in the last few days and they all expected Bo to take NFL job. No one thought he'd come to YSU.

Joe Scalzo retweeted

Ricky Davis@YSURickyDavis · 12m 12 minutes ago

Playing for Bo Pelini.. Never thought I'd say that. Thanking God for that opportunity.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

@ThayerEvansSI: Just spoke w/ Bo Pelini. Denied reports of being offered or accepting Youngstown State job. "It's all a complete fabrication of the truth."

that at all being said, I think it just got out before they were ready.

Football Scoop's usually pretty accurate right? Maybe just leaked before they were ready

BRING BACK SNORTY

Also, they haven't offered him the job yet

BRING BACK SNORTY

So if he actually does become the coach at YSU, how is this any different than the Wolf? They both thrive on crap opponents and then get out coached and lose against good teams.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

From Omaha.com (World-Herald)

According to Pelini’s contract, the NU athletic department owes him about $7.9 million through February 2019, an amount that would be paid in monthly installments on the condition that he make a reasonable attempt to find work. If Pelini accepts a job that pays him less than $150,000 per month, or $1.8 million per year, Nebraska would owe him the difference.
    http://www.omaha.com/huskers/bo-peli...bf8e477c8.html

If Pelini were to do this, it sets up interesting possibilities. He could choose to go with a lower salary during the remainder of his Nebraska contract, leaving more money YSU can pay for his assistants.
    He could also look at Craig Bohl-style attendance incentives, as YSU could improve there. Lots to consider.