Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Pelini to YSU

Default Re: Pelini to YSU

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    So, compare the trajectories of the different MVFC schools. NDSU/SDSU/MoST/YSU/ISUr are trending up. UNI? Meh. USD? Meh. SIU/ISUb/WIU simply won't be able to keep up.
    So, how long until ISUb pulls the plug on football? I think the death clock could be started.

For example...the Ohio State kid....can go down the road to Youngstown. Or like JJ coming back from the Gophers...back to his hometown.

Location is critical. Tons of Chicago kids go bigtime...and come home to ISU Red. Location is the key deal. I think Chris will take a couple here and there, and maybe when we have a glaring need. THey also have to be a difference maker. SOme of the kids who have reached out haven't been, and we aren't a "drop down" in competition.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    For example...the Ohio State kid....can go down the road to Youngstown. Or like JJ coming back from the Gophers...back to his hometown.

Location is critical. Tons of Chicago kids go bigtime...and come home to ISU Red. Location is the key deal. I think Chris will take a couple here and there, and maybe when we have a glaring need. THey also have to be a difference maker. SOme of the kids who have reached out haven't been, and we aren't a "drop down" in competition.
    Take that from Roberson himself. He said he thought the game was FASTER at our level than at Indiana. Pretty impressive what the MVFC has been able to do...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Why isn't NDSU able to score big in the transfer market? Klieman alluded to some interest being out there, but I'm guessing Youngstown has a big advantage with location.
    Non-smack opinion/guess: in order to get transfers, you need 2 things.

1)Available scholarship. If possible, it is usually best to give those scholarships to guys that will be part of your program 4-5 years. Philosophies may vary.
    2)Immediate playing time. Many guys leave FBS because they aren't getting a satisfactory amount of playing time. With NDSU's pipeline of talent moving through the system, it would be hard for a transfer to get playing time over, say a Junior who knows the system and is just as physically talented as a FBS washout.

To give a couple SDSU basketball examples of how this plays out, Cody Larson never transfers to SDSU if Prince doesn't leave the program and free up a scholarship. Likewise, George Marshall is most likely not going to transfer to a school like NDSU when playing time isn't guaranteed because you have a stud like LA gobbling up the vast majority of minutes.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I'll echo this: Missouri State is not (any longer) to be taken lightly. That coach they got from Mizzou is for real and has built a hell of a staff there. They may not have shit for fan support but they will definitely get there. And they have sights set much higher in the long run.

So, compare the trajectories of the different MVFC schools. NDSU/SDSU/MoST/YSU/ISUr are trending up. UNI? Meh. USD? Meh. SIU/ISUb/WIU simply won't be able to keep up.
    I agree with the new MSU coach. I was surprised he went to an FCS school and didn't go after a G-5 HC job. I would almost thing he would be snatched up after a couple seasons even if he doesn't do superb at MSU just based off his Mizzou pedigree.

Bo Pelini's staff at Youngstown includes his son, Carl

Carl Pelini | Defensive Line

Pelini was defensive coordinator at Nebraska under, Bo Pelini, from 2008-11. In 2012 he became the head coach at Florida Atlantic where he was with the program for two seasons. A 1989 Youngstown State graduate, Pelini has coached at the high-school and collegiate level during a coaching career that spans almost 25 years.
    Other hires include these Nebraska connected hires -

- Ron Brown - Associate Head Coach/RB
    - Brian Crist - WR's
    - Mike Brey - TE's & Special Teams
    - TJ Hollowell - LB's
    - Tim Marlowe - Assistant DB's

Holdovers from the previous staff include -

- Ron Stoops - DC (promotion from defensive assistant)
    - Shane Montgomery - OC/QB
    - Carmen Bricillo - OL

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fbal...coaching-staff

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Bo Pelini's staff at Youngstown includes his son, Carl

Other hires include these Nebraska connected hires -

- Ron Brown - Associate Head Coach/RB
    - Brian Crist - WR's
    - Mike Brey - TE's & Special Teams
    - TJ Hollowell - LB's
    - Tim Marlowe - Assistant DB's

Holdovers from the previous staff include -

- Ron Stoops - DC (promotion from defensive assistant)
    - Shane Montgomery - OC/QB
    - Carmen Bricillo - OL

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fbal...coaching-staff
    Carl is his brother, unless Bo has a son born two years before he was.