Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR situation

Default Re: WR situation

They have used him as a fullback quite a bit these last few games. I have thought he has played that position very well. Hoping they are setting something up where they use him out of that position. Could be an unaccounted for player out of the backfield.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Yes and no. Gray is 6'3" tall, but only 183 lbs. In comparison, Vraa is 6'2" and 181, which looks generous to me. I think Gray is a bit like Corrdarrel Patterson for the Vikings. Tall and week and simply not able to get off the LOS and into his route clean enough to be where he is supposed to be. He has to get bigger and stronger in my opinion to become a difference maker.
    Have you even seen Cordarrelle Patterson? That is about most uninformed thing I've seen here lately, and there has been a lot. He is a DUDE. He is 6'2'' 220lbs and built like a RB. "Tall and week" eh? Patterson just sucks at route running.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I didn't key on him, but wasn't there was a play where he split out wide and he motioned into the backfield as a FB? If my memory is right, he made an outstanding block on that play.
    Yes. He was in at fb several times from what I remember.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Agree. I would really like to see Morlock get more touches. He's a smart elite athlete and needs to be involved more IMO.
    Yes. I think he ran the jet sweep the best this year.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Have you even seen Cordarrelle Patterson? That is about most uninformed thing I've seen here lately, and there has been a lot. He is a DUDE. He is 6'2'' 220lbs and built like a RB. "Tall and week" eh? Patterson just sucks at route running.
    This plus 10 Patterson's problems have nothing to do with strength

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Guys like Gebhart, Woods, Rice, Perkins, and Gray are going to have to step up Saturday and fill the void.

There's going to be a lot of question marks in the receiving corps next year though especially if Vraa doesn't try or get the medical redshirt. I'm still holding out hope that Dee Gray can find his edge. He's got the size to be a difference maker but he must not be able to put it together yet in practice as evidenced by his playing time or lack thereof. Like Bisonator98 said I think Illies is a guy who's size could suit WR if needed. He doesn't have blazing speed but I think he's shown some good speed when he can get in the open field. Don't rule out Marcus Collins either as a pass catching TE threat that could be a matchup nightmare as a TE/WR hybrid over the next few years.
    I don't think it's a question of IF at all. He already knows he can come back, but he'll talk with an agent and whomever else to find out what is best for him to do at this time. I wonder if him getting this hamstring injury, without me really knowing the severity of it, might put him into a similar situation as what Jirik and Beck will have/had to do before trying out for the NFL. This injury could potentially set him back development wise for the next level, so maybe getting healthy in the offseason and returning next year may be the better option. I have no idea, just speculating.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 11>1 View Post
    I don't think it's a question of IF at all. He already knows he can come back, but he'll talk with an agent and whomever else to find out what is best for him to do at this time. I wonder if him getting this hamstring injury, without me really knowing the severity of it, might put him into a similar situation as what Jirik and Beck will have/had to do before trying out for the NFL. This injury could potentially set him back development wise for the next level, so maybe getting healthy in the offseason and returning next year may be the better option. I have no idea, just speculating.
    None of those 3 are NFL material. Great college players tho. Just a fact of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    My bad. He sure looks weak and seems to get manhandled at the LOS.

My bad. He sure looks weak and seems to get manhandled at the LOS.
    Not your bad at all! Plenty of athletes who look the part but get their ass kicked!! FACT!! We have some of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Yes and no. Gray is 6'3" tall, but only 183 lbs. In comparison, Vraa is 6'2" and 181, which looks generous to me. I think Gray is a bit like Corrdarrel Patterson for the Vikings. Tall and week and simply not able to get off the LOS and into his route clean enough to be where he is supposed to be. He has to get bigger and stronger in my opinion to become a difference maker.
    I'm pretty sure Vraa is around 200 pounds...maybe a little over. Where did you see 181?
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken