Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR situation

Default Re: WR situation

My guess is we will use a lot more TE's this weekend. (Vaadland, Illies, Albers, Wentz) Watch Bonnet get a lot of play action throws as well.

Illies looks to have good size and hands but we have better options at TE in Vaad, Bonnet and Wentz IMO. He looked very good catching the ball earlier and looked like he has good speed too. Maybe not the fastest option but a nice big and physical target out there. Wouldn't mind seeing if he's an option in a 3 or 4 WR set.

Guys like Gebhart, Woods, Rice, Perkins, and Gray are going to have to step up Saturday and fill the void.

There's going to be a lot of question marks in the receiving corps next year though especially if Vraa doesn't try or get the medical redshirt. I'm still holding out hope that Dee Gray can find his edge. He's got the size to be a difference maker but he must not be able to put it together yet in practice as evidenced by his playing time or lack thereof. Like Bisonator98 said I think Illies is a guy who's size could suit WR if needed. He doesn't have blazing speed but I think he's shown some good speed when he can get in the open field. Don't rule out Marcus Collins either as a pass catching TE threat that could be a matchup nightmare as a TE/WR hybrid over the next few years.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Guys like Gebhart, Woods, Rice, Perkins, and Gray are going to have to step up Saturday and fill the void.

There's going to be a lot of question marks in the receiving corps next year though especially if Vraa doesn't try or get the medical redshirt. I'm still holding out hope that Dee Gray can find his edge. He's got the size to be a difference maker but he must not be able to put it together yet in practice as evidenced by his playing time or lack thereof. Like Bisonator98 said I think Illies is a guy who's size could suit WR if needed. He doesn't have blazing speed but I think he's shown some good speed when he can get in the open field. Don't rule out Marcus Collins either as a pass catching TE threat that could be a matchup nightmare as a TE/WR hybrid over the next few years.
    Yes and no. Gray is 6'3" tall, but only 183 lbs. In comparison, Vraa is 6'2" and 181, which looks generous to me. I think Gray is a bit like Corrdarrel Patterson for the Vikings. Tall and week and simply not able to get off the LOS and into his route clean enough to be where he is supposed to be. He has to get bigger and stronger in my opinion to become a difference maker.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At least we have one WR worthy of NCAA time:

http://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2...-plays-week-15

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

More stand-up TE formations. We're just thin at WR, plain and simple.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Moody is out due to injury...Using his redshirt because he was a walk-on.
    what difference does it make that he's a walk on? scholarship players can redshirt too.

To clear the confusion: Moody is redshirting this year because he played as a true freshman, and due the fact he had knee surgery in September. He will be back next year.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Maybe could look to other play makers like Morlock or Frazier to help out?
    Agree. I would really like to see Morlock get more touches. He's a smart elite athlete and needs to be involved more IMO.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Agree. I would really like to see Morlock get more touches. He's a smart elite athlete and needs to be involved more IMO.
    I didn't key on him, but wasn't there was a play where he split out wide and he motioned into the backfield as a FB? If my memory is right, he made an outstanding block on that play.