Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben LeCompte

Default Re: Ben LeCompte

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Kickoffs are just as important, he is the only one that can boot it in the back of the end zone.
    Barneson has done it.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Does NDSU pull the redshirt of Ian Gallagher, the other punter according to the roster, for this game?

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Does NDSU pull the redshirt of Ian Gallagher, the other punter according to the roster, for this game?

Dewey
    If Kyle Emanuel is truly the back-up, it could be a situational deal with Ian. Have Ian prepare like Ben would, and if we are not steamrolling these guys and need some good punts later in the game, burn the red shirt.

So in other words, KE will be punting all game.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I don't love the idea of Kyle punting at all. We don't need him doing something way out of his element and getting hurt. If we are pulling from position players, there has to be someone beside KE that can do this.

Also, if Lecompte looks done for the season... burn the redshirt of Ian since Lecompte is only a Jr. and Ian can redshirt next year if needed.

Demetrius Gray has punting in his recruiting film, but it isn't very good. The impressive part is that he sometimes was beating the cover guy to the returner.

We know Keller can kick off because he was until that injury a few years ago that prompted LeCompte into kicking off anyways. I would be willing to bet he can punt quite well. He was known more for his punting and receiving than kicking until he went to that kicking academy.

If anyone can get hang time and 35 yards or so, we should be fine. We aren't as stout in punt coverage as in past years, but we will be ok if we give up a few yards in the air if we get guys to the returner a little better. I think the difference will be some guys will have to step up on the coverage team that typically take the play off.

I say they do their tried and true method of just rolling the whole game an then finally punting in the 4th qtr when it's 45-10 or something like that.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

I spoke with Ben and he's probably going to take the week off of practice, focus solely on rehab and then try give it a go on Saturday.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Was this bothering him during the SDSU game? Having anything to do with all the kicks out of bounds?

He was booming punts though that game.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Dudzik....
    Somebody suggested that at the press conference, but Coach Klieman said they couldn't put him back there because he would call the fake every time.

So what's the problem?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."