Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where have the sound meters on the video boards gone?

Default Re: Where have the sound meters on the video boards gone?

Quote Originally Posted by donnbryantNDSU View Post
    Trust me, the noise meter is real and calibrated to register the noise fairly accurately.. The problem is it's been malfunctioning since before the YSU game. Hopefully it will be fixed for next weekend. Also, ESPN was messing with cords in the north that's why the scoreboard was acting up. Happened a couple years ago too..

Lastly, I still have control of video boards, yes the NCAA has a ton of required "ads" and whatnot that have to be played during timeouts and are at scripted times

, also means no local ads like bison fan cam or kiss cam for the playoffs.. They also hated it when I kept replaying certain replays, usually the ones where refs made a bad call, but eff them, they say you only get to show a replay once but some of those calls needed to be seen repeatedly.. Hope that clears things up on this thread.. Go bison!

Need to have more video replay cameras! Some replays are hardly worth showing because they are so far away!

Replay away what is NCAA Going to do take playoffs away from a cash cow?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trust me, the noise meter is real and calibrated to register the noise fairly accurately.. The problem is it's been malfunctioning since before the YSU game. Hopefully it will be fixed for next weekend. Also, ESPN was messing with cords in the north that's why the scoreboard was acting up. Happened a couple years ago too..

Lastly, I still have control of video boards, yes the NCAA has a ton of required "ads" and whatnot that have to be played during timeouts and are at scripted times
    , also means no local ads like bison fan cam or kiss cam for the playoffs.. They also hated it when I kept replaying certain replays, usually the ones where refs made a bad call, but eff them, they say you only get to show a replay once but some of those calls needed to be seen repeatedly.. Hope that clears things up on this thread.. Go bison!
    #InsiderInfo

Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    The site on sound meter on video board was live because as it got louder it would bounce up and quieter it would go down. They had one a few years ago that was fake as it begged fans to get louder it would eventually explode that one was fake.

Site on sounds meter think about 105-110 is red line. Only time I've seen it go above the red line was GSU.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I'd love to work something out with the dome/ndsu for this. I have a certified meter capable of handling 4 input microphones and 185 decibels.... would be cool to put one in each corner of the dome and challenge each section to be louder than the next...

So you are the reason there is no Titan red zone, no kiss cam, no show us your moves. I also thought it was the NCAA.

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    So you are the reason there is no Titan red zone, no kiss cam, no show us your moves. I also thought it was the NCAA.
    The required NCAA ads take away room for all the other stuff I'm betting, also they might not even be kosher with the other stuff.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can we just have a scoreboard that works??

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Can we just have a scoreboard that works??
    If the state only had a surplus maybe they could invest in their schools.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas96 View Post
    If the state only had a surplus maybe they could invest in their schools.
    They are investing heavily to try and keep the medical school licensed and accredited. The state will also spare no expense in order to get the law school pumping out graduates that have a chance at passing the bar.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

donnbryantNDSU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    The required NCAA ads take away room for all the other stuff I'm betting, also they might not even be kosher with the other stuff.
    Exactly, once the playoffs start its the NCAA's show.. they call all the shots. we just follow them blindly..

I don't know you guys, if Lakes says the decibel meters on the boards are fake, they are.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk