Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Coastal Carolina fan forum.....

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Coastal Carolina fan forum.....

The players watch film on the game why shouldn't the fans? Bison fans strive to be the best just like the players do. I'm not satisfied looking good on ESPN have to look the best. Champions! Dynasty! I was standing and started yelling once during a TV timeout! Going to try and fix that this week I just wanted to be all over that no huddle offense. I think that little section everyone complains about is the visiting teams fans. Go Bison!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    To those who do not appreciate the noise and enthusiasm that some Bison fans bring to the games, I think there is a good chance that the Bison would not be 3x defending national champions without that home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The noise level WE create is something the opposition spends a lot of time . for. It is a BIG deal! Now if some of you prefer to be quiet, that is your right but by god it is the noise makers who make a difference.
    Nobody has said anything about not appreciating the noise and enthusiasm. Its the constant bullshit some of you noise makers spew telling others how to be a supposed real fan. You think your actions should supercede common courtesy all in the name of you thinking you make a difference at a sporting event.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    As long as we don't revert to the bad old days back when FargoDome security seemed to make it their business to suppress crowd noise, I figure to each their own. I even have sympathy for the folks who don't want people in front of them standing the whole game.

BTW, Craig Bohl's battle to regain a home-field advantage for NDSU ranks right up there with his greatest accomplishments.
    I was asked to sit down Saturday wen the Band came out onto the field so they could watch, I said sorry but no, they are about to play the school song and I will always stand for that. She gave me a nasty look but she learned so stand if she wanted to see over our row.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Perhaps the music is just too loud...
    ^^^^
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Some of us have kids at home, they call even when parents are at games. Some of us get hungry and eat.
    God forbid I should be able to enjoy myself at a football game.
    Nope you must stand on all defensive downs even when others around you can't see/ you must yell as loud as you can even if the score is 45-0/ no food or drink allowed/ no bathroom breaks and you must swear and act like a juvenile redneck.....otherwise you're not entitled to have your season tickets and should give up your seats to other "real" fans.... remember it's all about you!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    To those who do not appreciate the noise and enthusiasm that some Bison fans bring to the games, I think there is a good chance that the Bison would not be 3x defending national champions without that home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The noise level WE create is something the opposition spends a lot of time preparing for. It is a BIG deal! Now if some of you prefer to be quiet, that is your right but by god it is the noise makers who make a difference.
    I have no problem with the noise or standing. However, your logic is not foolproof. If the noise was such a HUGE FACTOR we should have lost more road games over the last 4 years. We've actually lost more home games than road games during the regular season. Hmmm..... Maybe it's because the dome is so quiet during the regular season? I have a feeling the real home field advantage includes a Hell of a lot more than crowd noise.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I have no problem with the noise or standing. However, your logic is not foolproof. If the noise was such a HUGE FACTOR we should have lost more road games over the last 4 years. We've actually lost more home games than road games during the regular season. Hmmm..... Maybe it's because the dome is so quiet during the regular season? I have a feeling the real home field advantage includes a Hell of a lot more than crowd noise.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

There were good things about being 3-8......No lines for the bathrooms and nachos!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Jeezus, people!! Almost every FCS program in the country would give their left lung to have what we have going in the FFD. EVERY opposing coach has commented how special the atmosphere is inside the Dome. In just the last two games, listen to Stig's comments. Listen to Moglia's comments.

And yet, it's still not good enough for some who want to tell the rest of us how to act and when to act. Mini rant over. I'm going to try really hard to bow out of these conversations from here on out. There's just no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Jeezus, people!! Almost every FCS program in the country would give their left lung to have what we have going in the FFD. EVERY opposing coach has commented how special the atmosphere is inside the Dome. In just the last two games, listen to Stig's comments. Listen to Moglia's comments.

And yet, it's still not good enough for some who want to tell the rest of us how to act and when to act. Mini rant over. I'm going to try really hard to bow out of these conversations from here on out. There's just no point.
    ^^^^This^^^^

I've spent most of the year bowing out of these fing numbskull commentaries. Bitching about fans, crowd, students, players, coaches, playcalling,....holy carp. You would think we are on a 5 year losing streak and hadn't smelled playoffs for years.

Oh, and Section 3 really isn't all that bad. Most of us (around me at least) are engaged in the game, to the point where we spend more time fixated on what's happening on the field (and having fun at a football game) than standing and screaming. Sections 9, 17, 20, 21, 2, online viewers and a portion of the west lot...most of them suck because they don't act appropriately at a collegiate sporting event involving large students hitting upon each other. *purple*