Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 12/7 @ Montana

Default Re: 12/7 @ Montana

Honestly, I wasn't really expecting much from Kading this year in terms of production in stats. All of his stats actually dropped from his freshman year to his sophmore year and instead of progressing into a player with a defined role he was nothing more then someone who would steal minutes from the main guys. His stats this year, in playing almost twice as many minutes, is insignifcantly better and he's marginally productive at best. He's a 4 playing out of position, but he isn't in any way a back to the basket player and he can't create with the ball. IMHO Kading can help us out by hitting an occasional 3 and crashing the boards for rebounds, if he doesn't hit 3's he does nothing in terms of scoring, and his rebounding just isn't very good at all, he doesn't have an aggressive mentality that I see. Werner honestly has impressed me more than Kading, hes a blue collar type player that works hard and finds ways to contribute outside of stats.

LA and Dupree aren't getting any assists because 1)there's nobody to dish to inside when they drive 2)our offense doesn't move the ball at all 3)our shooters can't hit open shots, everything they make from outside is off their own dribble.

I'm just throwing this out there and I know there are so many variables to considering how different and young our team looks, but so far I have not been impressed at all with the coaching being implemented from Richman as far as scheme. Our offense looks like a carbon copy of Saul's, without the talent. There's no ball movement or set plays, nobody sets screens, it's 4 guys standing around doing nothing and 1 guy just looking to see what happens with the ball. It's not hard to guard your player when he doesn't move. Our defense is just brutal, we have gone from a program that had a salty defensive identity to a soft complacent defense that doesn't seem to take pride in what they do.

Hopefully alot of this is just the youth, because it's really hard to cheer for a team tht doesn't play hard and seems to just go through the motions and to me that's what it looks like.

I would love to be wrong, but we play UND this Saturday, and if we don't hit our perimeter shots or start hot, I think it could be an ugly evening.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    13 - We have 2 currently redshirting and I'm assuming the other 2 were Lindberg's and Vanderburg's.
    We have 9 scholarship players playing, we have 12 total. There are 3 redshirting this year, Ishola, Trey Miller and Eliason. The 13th was Vandenburgh's scholarship which we will hopefully put to good use as he is missed this year, especially on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    We have 9 scholarship players playing, we have 12 total. There are 3 redshirting this year, Ishola, Trey Miller and Eliason. The 13th was Vandenburgh's scholarship which we will hopefully put to good use as he is missed this year, especially on defense.
    I don't believe ish is on scholarship

Yea I was under impression he was walk on too.

ill confirm ish is a walk on. but I don't know why he couldn't help out at montana
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ahhhh well that would make sense, I thought all 5 freshman were on scholarship, I must've misread that somewhere once upon a time.