Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12/7 @ Montana

Default Re: 12/7 @ Montana

Bison fall 69-57 to Montana and go to 4-4 on the season. Next up is UND on Saturday at Scheels Arena.

As for this game we struggled big time in the first half on both ends of the floor. Not having AJ was a big hit for a team with little depth. I expected to struggle to score. The second half was a little better from an offensive side but Montana really got whatever they wanted on offense. Defense was concerning to me. Stats wise it was pretty even except for the assists. We only have 5 and they gathered 17.

This roster is just so thin and inexperienced. Losing two scholarships to guys who had career ending injuries is really showing this season. Those would be experienced players that this young team misses badly. Add in AJ being out and its even thinner. Defensively we have to get better, just way to easy for opponents right now.

Just my thoughts.

Assists 17-5 in favor of Montana tells you all you need to know.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Where is the "next man up" mentality?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Where is the "next man up" mentality?
    You need more than 9 scholarship players to do the next man up game!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    You need more than 9 scholarship players to do the next man up game!
    Is that what we're down to? How many scholarships is considered a fully loaded program?

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Is that what we're down to? How many scholarships is considered a fully loaded program?
    13 - We have 2 currently redshirting and I'm assuming the other 2 were Lindberg's and Vanderburg's.

We have nine scholarship players, but with AJ out last game we were down to just 8. Yeah the next man up thing doesn't work so well when you have 8 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Assists 17-5 in favor of Montana tells you all you need to know.
    How is it possible that LA and Dupree had zero assists. I mean seriously you would think they could accidentally get at leas one of them. 4 free throws between the 2 of them? Dupree got to the free throw line 12 times vs Southern Miss and kicked ass driving to the basket. Apparently if something works we don't do it again.

Whats even more sad is Kading played 37 minutes and got zero points, 4 rebounds, zero assists, zero blocks, and pretty much zero everything. He is playing twice the minutes as in years past yet he has 1 extra rebound per game. What's going on with Kading? Is he hurt? Not being used correctly? When you replace Bjorkland NCAA leading shooting % with 38% it's a recipe for disaster.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    How is it possible that LA and Dupree had zero assists. I mean seriously you would think they could accidentally get at leas one of them. 4 free throws between the 2 of them? Dupree got to the free throw line 12 times vs Southern Miss and kicked ass driving to the basket. Apparently if something works we don't do it again.

Whats even more sad is Kading played 37 minutes and got zero points, 4 rebounds, zero assists, zero blocks, and pretty much zero everything. He is playing twice the minutes as in years past yet he has 1 extra rebound per game. What's going on with Kading? Is he hurt? Not being used correctly? When you replace Bjorkland NCAA leading shooting % with 38% it's a recipe for disaster.
    Kading got hurt during the Montana game, obviously wasn't super serious as he continued to play but did affect his ability Sunday night. Also in a perfect world Kading is a 4. He is being asked imo to play out of position this season as a 5.