Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regionalization in FCS Football Playoffs - JKolpack article

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Regionalization in FCS Football Playoffs - JKolpack article

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Here is what I come up with using the GPI. The only swapping involved SFA due to them having a 1st rounder against SELA. 1st round had 2 bus trips from what I could see: EKU VS JMU and Richmond VS Fordham. 2nd round had only one potential bus trip: Liberty VS Nova. The NCAA bracket had 5 1st round bus trips, with the 2nd round having 3 assured bus trips, and 5 potential. Have to give the NCAA penny-pinchers credit. Unless some of these schools can start getting more than a couple thousand people to games, I can't see the NCAA bumping up the required bids which may allow for a decently seeded tourney. I don't know how much the NCAA spends on this, but if these other schools would start pulling their weight (), maybe we could have nice things. The gap between a school like James Madison & Valparaiso seems to be just as large as Alabama & Idaho. So in closing, were stuck with this bus ride/annual SDSU 2nd round BS, and it's not changing.

San Diego
    Coastal

VS #1 NDSU

SHSU
    Liberty

VS #8 Villanova

SFA
    Montana

VS # 5 New Hampshire

Montana State
    SELA

VS # 4 UNI

Sacred Heart
    ISU-B

VS # 3 Jacksonville State

Eastern Kentucky
    JMU

VS # 6 EWU

Morgan State
    Chattanooga

VS # 2 ISU-R
    Did you just kick SDSU out of the playoffs?? I'm assuming they are your 7 seed right??

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Did you just kick SDSU out of the playoffs?? I'm assuming they are your 7 seed right??
    I fixed it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    There is a very easy way to get SDSU out of our first playoff game, outside of SDSU being seeded or missing the playoffs. That school up north would have to get on a winning streak of at least 2 to make it happen though. Ok not as easy as what I thought
    I had thought of that too, but of course UN_ would have to have a winning season first. What would be nice is if they did ever make the playoffs and draw the bunnies, maybe the winner would get sent west to play a Montana team. I don't ever see SDSU or UN_ making a deep run in the playoffs, so send them somewhere else for a few games and they'll be done.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I had thought of that too, but of course UN_ would have to have a winning season first. What would be nice is if they did ever make the playoffs and draw the bunnies, maybe the winner would get sent west to play a Montana team. I don't ever see SDSU or UN_ making a deep run in the playoffs, so send them somewhere else for a few games and they'll be done.
    You don't EVER see SDSU making a deep run in the playoffs?!? If's and But's I know, but what would have happened if SDSU won on Saturday? You have the Jackrabbits losing to CCU?

Don't kid yourself...Saturday's game was a semifinal matchup, at least...
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    You don't EVER see SDSU making a deep run in the playoffs?!? If's and But's I know, but what would have happened if SDSU won on Saturday? You have the Jackrabbits losing to CCU?

Don't kid yourself...Saturday's game was a semifinal matchup, at least...
    I was worried about this game, but I have to be honest, and all due respect, the closeness of this game had much more to do with the refs than SDSU's play.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I was worried about this game, but I have to be honest, and all due respect, the closeness of this game had much more to do with the refs than SDSU's play.
    Disagree, but respect your opinion.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

It makes sense from a financial perspective. Let the schools/conferences vote on changing to a new seeded format.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Disagree, but respect your opinion.
    The Respect is reciprocated, But if I may...

Their were 2 huge PI calls on Champion and Smith that was literally the difference in them scoring points. Those calls don't happen (and they shouldn't have), and the Jacks punt. The butterfly effect of those punts can't really be quantified, but if anything, it goes in favor of the Bison in logistical point value and momentum swing.

I'll say it again, pregame, I was worried and I would not have been surprised if we lost the game. After the game, I was actually more surprised that we were able to pull it off after such adversity.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    The Respect is reciprocated, But if I may...

Their were 2 huge PI calls on Champion and Smith that was literally the difference in them scoring points. Those calls don't happen (and they shouldn't have), and the Jacks punt. The butterfly effect of those punts can't really be quantified, but if anything, it goes in favor of the Bison in logistical point value and momentum swing.

I'll say it again, pregame, I was worried and I would not have been surprised if we lost the game. After the game, I was actually more surprised that we were able to pull it off after such adversity.
    By no means am I suggesting the officiating wasn't horrid. I'm just saying that SDSU's effort can't be and shouldn't be discounted. NDSU was IMHO mostly outcoached, outschemed, and at times outplayed on the field by SDSU. Just didn't feel the horseshit officiating should somehow outweigh their effort.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

SDSU brought it Saturday, that's for sure. Was it enough to win the game? I don't think so. Timely calls helped them get some field position and extra plays. But they definitely had a great plan and effort.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.