Thread: Coming from Winnipeg...first game ever at the Dome...tailgating question...

Default Coming from Winnipeg...first game ever at the Dome...tailgating question...

Long story short. Coming down from Manitoba for this game.

Been a big fan of NDSU football since my fraternity used to visit the NDSU chapter in the 90s.
    Snagged tickets for me and Mrs. Manitoba for Saturday's game. General Admission for sections 10-13.

Are there any tailgating groups we can join up with? I am extremely unclear with etiquette in this area. I tailgate at Manitoba games, but it is extremely small-scale and unorganized there.
    I am wondering how this goes...can we arrange prior to join up with a group and contribute stuff? Does this ever usually happen?

Any information would be helpful...even "we don't really see that here." Still looking forward to Saturday's game.

Default Re: Coming from Winnipeg...first game ever at the Dome...tailgating question...

Bring some Kokanee and you can tailgate with us

Default Re: Coming from Winnipeg...first game ever at the Dome...tailgating question...

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post

Been a big fan of NDSU football since my fraternity used to visit the NDSU chapter in the 90s.
    Snagged tickets for me and Mrs. Manitoba for Saturday's game. General Admission for sections 10-13.

Are there any tailgating groups we can join up with? I am extremely unclear with etiquette in this area. I tailgate at Manitoba games, but it is extremely small-scale and unorganized there.
    I am wondering how this goes...can we arrange prior to join up with a group and contribute stuff? Does this ever usually happen?

Any information would be helpful...even "we don't really see that here." Still looking forward to Saturday's game.
    Bring yourselves walk the west lots and stop by anyone and they will invite you to join....

Be sure to come over to the far northwest lot for some homemade chicken noodle soup and other goodies. Look for the giant green man ( named Gus) on top of the bus.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Walk up with a smile and don't be shy. If you leave hungry and/or thirsty, you were at the other team's tailgate (which there is no designation for). Give yourself time to take it all in and start talking to anyone if you have questions. And then bring the noise once you get inside.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

The etiquette is simple. If you are walking around the tailgate lot, 99.99% of the people there would invite you to hang out for a time to talk about football, have some food, and have some drinks. Even more so since it will be cold out. Anyone will welcome you in to warm up. Most people would be offended if you didn't eat some of their food, or have a drink with them. That's just how we do it here.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Love it, can't imagine our friends from the North (the real north, not that shit hole full of Canadian wannabees from el Forko Grande) will be scared of the weather. We met some people from Altona once while tailgating, came down to check it out and had a blast. Mrs. Manitoba, eh, pictures or I'm calling BS. Oh yeah, bring some Sleeman Honey Brown with you too!!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tailgating? Not sure NDSU fans are very much into that.