Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Bison game in the dome.

Default First Bison game in the dome.

While I have seen a few Bison games, I have never been to a game in the Dome. My kids are huge Bison fans and I saw an opportunity to pick up some GA tickets for Saturday and jumped at the chance. Does anyone have any suggestions on time to get to the dome to hit the Will Call window and still make it in to get some decent seats?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: First Bison game in the dome.

I would say a 30 minutes before kickoff would give you plenty of time, just make sure to hit up the tailgate lots first!!

I would go in an hour before
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I think the weather also plays a role, if it is shitty outside people will come in sooner, if nice, stay out longer.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you have a GA ticket and not standing room only, you should have reserved seats and shouldn't have to worry about trying to get good seats. Oh, and be sure to make a lot of racket when the Jacks have the ball.

Edit: I stand corrected. Never bought a GA ticket before so I apparently didn't know what I was talking about.
    Last edited by 17>1; 12-05-2014 at 02:29 AM.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would go in an hour before
    YES. Go to Will Call and get your tickets as soon as you get to the Dome. Even if that's at 9:30. Then go out to the tailgate lots or whatever. Then you can enter the Dome about a half hour before kickoff to settle in and watch the guys warm up and see all of the intros and pregame stuff.

Thanks for posting this advice. I am in the exact same situation. I am coming down from Winnipeg...been to NDSU football-related things several times, but never a football game at the Dome.

Tailgate etiquette question: is there a tailgate group around that can welcome casual visitors like myself and my wife, Mrs. Manitoba? How can we join up with a tailgating group? What do we contribute? I lived in ACC country for three years and we never got a chance to get in on the tailgating at NC State.

I assumed the GA tickets in section 10-13 were first come, first served. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by grizsuck View Post
    I assumed the GA tickets in section 10-13 were first come, first served. Is that correct?
    Not sure, would call and check it out though. If they are first come first serve, you will want to head in earlier for sure.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by grizsuck View Post
    While I have seen a few Bison games, I have never been to a game in the Dome. My kids are huge Bison fans and I saw an opportunity to pick up some GA tickets for Saturday and jumped at the chance. Does anyone have any suggestions on time to get to the dome to hit the Will Call window and still make it in to get some decent seats?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    With your kids joining you, I'd say be in the seats that you claim earlier by 2:00. You'll be able to see some of the warm-up's and watch the band before the intro video. Your kids will likely enjoy the pregame.