Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Bison game in the dome.

Default Re: First Bison game in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by grizsuck View Post
    While I have seen a few Bison games, I have never been to a game in the Dome. My kids are huge Bison fans and I saw an opportunity to pick up some GA tickets for Saturday and jumped at the chance. Does anyone have any suggestions on time to get to the dome to hit the Will Call window and still make it in to get some decent seats?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Student tickets have been scarce in recent weeks, I think you could get mid level seats an hour before. Just plan on standing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs the whole game!
    Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not sure, would call and check it out though. If they are first come first serve, you will want to head in earlier for sure.
    They are first come first serve. Nothing assigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    They are first come first serve. Nothing assigned.
    If that is the case I would head in an hour early for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If that is the case I would head in an hour early for sure.
    Are there ever lines outside for the GA seats? I've been in the middle of a mad rush (working, walking the concourse) for GA seats before when doors open.

either way its not like there is all that much difference in the view. I have sat in the top row and have sat in the bottom row both have + and -. Wherever you sit, you will be fine. Tgatting is fun if you know people. If not, its still kinda cool to walk around and take it all in. I go to the games with a buddy and we get their about an hour or so prior. We usually just sit in the truck, drink a few beers and then go in 30 mins prior. Its playoffs, so the only thing required, is stand and scream like hell on 1,2,3 and 4th downs. oh yeah, Make sure to wear yellow (got get a shirt at Scheels if need to)

For GA, there will be a line forming in the East Lobby at approx. 12N because they open the doors at 1pm. The students who want to get in the first few rows, will be in line an hr before the doors open. I've done this and they will be there! For GA, you simply sit anywhere in section 10-13... and of course first come first serve. Many will just come in at 1pm for the GA seats.

Chose a good game if your goal was to impress the kids. Playoffs in the dome can be pretty dang fun. Atmosphere is a step up.

I'd head in about 45 minutes early. When i was little I liked watching warmups and all that stuff.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

We like to go in as soon as the doors open... 1.5 before game? I can't tailgate much before the game or my fellow fans in section 20 ask (require) me to be more civil. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post
    Thanks for posting this advice. I am in the exact same situation. I am coming down from Winnipeg...been to NDSU football-related things several times, but never a football game at the Dome.

Tailgate etiquette question: is there a tailgate group around that can welcome casual visitors like myself and my wife, Mrs. Manitoba? How can we join up with a tailgating group? What do we contribute? I lived in ACC country for three years and we never got a chance to get in on the tailgating at NC State.
    I'd highly recommend that you stop by The Horny Bison Tailgate Crew. Look for the flag that actually says "Horny Bison" on it.

These guys are class acts, and they are great at what they do, and always invite in Bison fans. Tatanka, TransAmBison, SDBison and other great posters around here are the ones that put it together every week and I hope they aren't too mad at me recommending you stop by their place.

They are in the old lot on the South side in the west rows. Can't miss them, they'll have Marine flags that are on an old VW Van that's badass, also. Make sure you bring your own cup to drink from and possibly a few beers or your favorite booze if you'd like. Also, expect to have jag-bombs if you are going to spend any amount of time there that's more than twenty minutes. SDBison will help you out with those.

Those guys are the worst. Why would you recommend them???