Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sdsu game score prediction

Default Re: Sdsu game score prediction

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Funny/odd how former players are less confident than non--FP's. Kinda with you on close game: 27-20 good guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are going to be tough. Look what the half time score was last game with a QB who had a broken foot. We have to contol the tempo-TOP from the get go. Playing from behind isnt going work all the time. Weve had teams who didnt wear down in the 4th Q this year.
    I dont pick outcomes or scores.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

There are a lot of interesting thoughts on the potential score of the bunny game. I kinda like looking at the scoring stats as they do reflect 'results'.

Defense has given up 23 one time in a game that all of us would rather forget. In other games, they gave up 17 twice, 14 twice, 10 four times, 7 twice, and 0 once. In 12 games, the Bison gave up over 23 one time and that was in their worst game of the season.

The offense has scored under 20 twice, in the 20s twice, and 30 or more 8 times.

Based on these results, I expect to give up between 10 and 17 (for fun, call it 14) while scoring no less than 28 (lets take 34). There is no secret statistical method being used here. My expectations have been set based on the success our team has had on the field.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Austin Sumner stats vs NDSU
    Record 0-5
    Average score LOSS 10-28
    Average game is 16-30-182
    Has thrown only 2 picks but also only 3 TD
    Sacked 24 times vs NDSU

SDSU record in FCS playoffs 3-3
    Second round record 0-2
    Second round were outscored 69-20 for and average loss of 24.5 PPG
    Have outscored opponents 199-187 in playoffs
    Defense gives up an average of 31.1 PPG in playoffs and 34.5 in second round of competition.
    Offense scores an average of 33.1 PPG in playoffs but only 10.0 PPG in second round of competition.

Austin Sumner has had relatively consistent stats through the past five times he has played NDSU. There is no reason to believe that his stats will be much different from the previous five games. Austin has not had any TERRIBLE games vs NDSU which means that rational SDSU fans can't point to a poor performance or multiple interceptions as to why they are 0-5 vs NDSU under Sumner. The big reason why NDSU is 5-0 vs Sumner is that the Bison are 5-0 in winning the Offensive and Defensive line of scrimmage battles. The only way I see NDSU losing this game is turnovers or stupid penalties that bring back huge gains. BTW we don't need to try to block a punt to win this game so there is no need to risk a roughing the punter penalty to extend SDSU drives.

NDSU 42 SDSU 21
    Last edited by Scooter1; 12-04-2014 at 10:59 PM.

I think Wentz is ready to start firing on all cylinders. The defense will be good as always, they are a little shakier against the run this year but they are still pretty stout. If the offensive coordinator lays out a good plan and doesn't try to get too fancy, I believe the bison will win 41-17.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PMBison View Post
    I think Wentz is ready to start firing on all cylinders. The defense will be good as always, they are a little shakier against the run this year but they are still pretty stout. If the offensive coordinator lays out a good plan and doesn't try to get too fancy, I believe the bison will win 41-17.
    I think that the teams in the Missouri Valley are much better as a group than last season. The running backs in particular are better with numerous backs well over the 1000 yard plateau.

SDSU a couple rabbitpoop.jpg

NDSU a pile [remote file TOO LARGE!!!]
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Listen you bezerko barbie doll. You mess with zenner, you mess with death
    Does his dad massage his hamstrings with evaporated milk every night?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

The silly rabbits don't have a chance.
    NDSU-45
    Jackwads-13

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Defense has given up 23 one time in a game that all of us would rather forget. In other games, they gave up 17 twice, 14 twice, 10 four times, 7 twice, and 0 once. In 12 games, the Bison gave up over 23 one time and that was in their worst game of the season.
    While true, the team that scored 23 on the Bison were the highest scoring team on average that th Bison played this year, and SDSU is only scoring an average of 0.7 pts/gm less and I would argue playing some of the best offense in FCS right now.

I have reviewed the stats over and over but my gut still aches.

Bunnies 27-Bison 9

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    While true, the team that scored 23 on the Bison were the highest scoring team on average that th Bison played this year, and SDSU is only scoring an average of 0.7 pts/gm less and I would argue playing some of the best offense in FCS right now.

I have reviewed the stats over and over but my gut still aches.

Bunnies 27-Bison 9
    If serious--three things: We give up at least one easy/big score on D; our running game isn't working; and, Wentz is off (again). Hard to believe ALL that will happen, but possible (not probable tho IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.