Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/3 @ Southern Miss

Default 12/3 @ Southern Miss

When: Wednesday,December 3rd
    Where: @ Southern Miss University
    Tipoff: 7:30pm
    Radio: Scotty Miller has the call on KFGO 790, pregame starts at 7:10pm.
    Video: http://www.southernmiss.com/colleges.../?media=475257

Wednesday's Game: The North Dakota State men's basketball team (4-2 overall) will travel to take on Southern Mississippi (3-2 overall) of Conference USA on Wednesday, Dec. 3, at 7:30 p.m. CT inside Reed Green Coliseum (capacity 8,095) in Hattiesburg, Miss. The Bison carry a four-game winning streak into Wednesday's game at Southern Miss.

~Per GoBison.com

Southern Miss pretty much has completely new team from what we saw last year. They have a new coach in Doc Sadler who replaces Donnie Tyndall who went to Tennessee. They lost some good players to graduation and some transferred. Still they are a solid program and will be a good test for NDSU. Interested to see how we handle this one.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 12/3 @ Southern Miss

I originally had this game circled early in the year to attend. But Ms. T's work schedule did not support

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If Bison can continue to shoot the 3 ball well and rebound on both ends, I like our chances tonight!

Also, impressed on better play from Kading, Jacobson, and Dupree. Kading focusing on what he is---a spot up shooter on offense, Jacobson feeling more comfortable and confident displaying offensive skills, and Dupree relaxing making better decisions with the basketball all means BISON VICTORIES

GO BISON

A little curious on how we will match up with them. They dont have any height but they are very athletic and one of those teams that we won't see the type of athleticism this year in the Summit. I'm not sure what they are running with Sadler but I hope they aren't pressing and trapping us to death all game.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    A little curious on how we will match up with them. They dont have any height but they are very athletic and one of those teams that we won't see the type of athleticism this year in the Summit. I'm not sure what they are running with Sadler but I hope they aren't pressing and trapping us to death all game.
    From the little I have seen of Southern Miss this season they haven't full court pressed and trapped really much at all not anywhere close to what they were doing with Tyndall. Been a much higher focus on the half court defense. Again I havent seen much at all of them though.

Edit: Nevermind

I have no idea what to expect in this game, both teams are very different from last year. Will be a tough game nonetheless.

Fortunately for Southern Miss, they don't have to play last year's Bison squad.
    And fortunately for the Bison, they don't have to play last year's Golden Eagles's squad.
    This year's SMiss is picked to finish 9th in C-USA (of 14) by Athlon in their pre-season write-up.
    Like the Montana State game, NDSU has similarities to the opponent they are playing.

- Defending Conference Champs, Southern Miss tied for C-USA title at 13-3 (29-7 overall)
    They played in the NIT, beating Toledo 66-59, then Missouri 71-63, before falling to the Gophers 81-73
    - New Head Coach, Doc Sadler (former Nebraska Head Coach before Tim Miles)
    - No returning starters (Bison lost 3 plus 2 SR reserves)
    - Not a lot of height

Probable starting line-up:

G - 6' 200 lbs Shadell Minninghaus - SO - 7.2 ppg, 2 rpg, 1.4 apg
    G - 6' 3" 200 lbs Rasham Suarez - JR - 5.2 ppg, 2 rpg, 3.6 apg
    G - 6' 4" 200 lbs Chip Armelin - SR - 10 ppg, 4 rpg, 1.8 apg (transfer from Minnesota)
    F - 6' 7" 220 lbs Norville Carey - JR - 11 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.2 blk
    F - 6' 7" 250 lbs Jeremiah Easton - SR - 3.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg,

Off the bench: 6' 5" SO Matt Bingaya 17 ppg, 5.8 rpg
    Leading scorer and rebounder, hmmmm, maybe he'll start this time.
    Southern Miss has won 18 straight home games (37 non-conference home games)
    and is a perfect 9-0 against Summit League teams.

I hope the Bison and their outside shooting are on tonight!
    And also hope they are not too jet-lagged after being in Bozeman on Sunday.......
    NDSU has to turn around after this and fly to Missoula for the game against the Griz on Sunday - Yikes!
    Will Brett Favre be at the game tonight?
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-03-2014 at 10:59 PM.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This will still be a much more difficult game than Montana St. Also have they shot better than 60% from the free throw line as a team this year?

USM -3 feels like easy money to me. Guess we will see