Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bismarck Tribune major fail

Default Bismarck Tribune major fail

Anyone see the print copy of the Bismarck Tribune today? I not able to upload a picture right now, so if someone out west can do that, please do so.

On the front cover the Tribune has the caption: "FCS PLAYOFFS Bison, Jackrabbits prepare for rematch." Next to it they have the UN_ logo.

I swear, they do this shit on purpose.

Default Re: Bismarck Tribune major fail

Just pulled up their website and they have a Bison logo.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Just pulled up their website and they have a Bison logo.
    Yes, its only on the print copy.

I'm guessing they caught their mistake after the first print run, which is usually the out-state addition. Both the web site story and the e-edition front page have a Bison logo.
    Damn, I'm Good!

I'll upload a picture when I get time.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Anyone see the print copy of the Bismarck Tribune today? I not able to upload a picture right now, so if someone out west can do that, please do so.

On the front cover the Tribune has the caption: "FCS PLAYOFFS Bison, Jackrabbits prepare for rematch." Next to it they have the UN_ logo.

I swear, they do this shit on purpose.
    How can that even happen?

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    How can that even happen?
    Some intern and their editor are wetting themselves thinking about teh funny.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Much more likely: some editor is kicking somebody's butt right now. Journalists do not make such mistakes on purpose. Print journalists in particular are quite sensitive to the difficulties newspapers are having just staying alive and accuracy is critical to success.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Much more likely: some editor is kicking somebody's butt right now. Journalists do not make such mistakes on purpose. Print journalists in particular are quite sensitive to the difficulties newspapers are having just staying alive and accuracy is critical to success.
    I wish I could believe that, but I've seen way too many super obvious dumb mistakes in the Minot Daily to believe it.

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree with JackJD, but it's hard to imagine that anyone who pays any attention to college sports in ND confuses UND and NDSU logos.
    UND = Hockey, NDSU = Football. What's so hard about that? Whoever picks the photos got a severe reprimand today.