Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 11/25 vs Minnesota Crookston

Default Re: 11/25 vs Minnesota Crookston

I think Dave hit it on the head talking about urgency with this team. There were a couple of occasions last night when we should have stepped on their throats and put the game away, instead we settled for bad shots or wild drives and particularly played pretty awful defense and allowed Crookston to hang in the game. I about lost it at the end of the game last night when we were up 3 and playing defense with under 30 secs left in the game and we decide to help off a corner three to prevent a guy driving...of course they kicked it out and tied it up.

Story is still the same with this team, very young, haven't played a lot together, and all learning their roles. LA has struggled a bit but he is no longer the 3rd or 4th option. Teams are going to deny and face guard him. Kory played through a little injury, Kading is playing the 5 when really he is more of a 4. Dex, Carlin, AJ, Miller are all virtually in the same boat and playing their first meaningful college minutes. Going to be some growing pains, just the way its going to be. I'm very interested to see how they bounce back on this road trip. Don't let this be an excuse for last night though. That was bad, really bad effort on our part.

Still excited about what this group can accomplish, they are far far far better then what they showed last night.

I wish I could hear more interviews with Richmond. Saul was someone who IMHO would sugarcoat his thoughts on the team in interviews and kind of an aw shucks type of guy who was good with words. Richman strikes me as someone who is a little more quiet and modest and when I watch him during the games he always seems conscious of how the team is playing regardless of the score. I kind of like the blue collar demeanor and wish I could hear how he is in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    I have seen some say we need to run more. I think that would be a very bad idea. We can barely keep a handle on running a basic offense. Running will create way more turnovers and a ton of throw the ball up to the hoop and hope we get fouled. AJ was aggressive on offense driving the lane. However if he cant figure out how to stay down on defense, he will foul out of many games. Crookston could get the Bison defenders in the air with ease. Sure we had a few block shots, but our biggest offensive threat also fouled out. Miller and LA had off nights. Bison also looked like they were just trying to go through the motions and get out with a W. I am very excited for this team in the next couple years. We still can gel and put together a run in March and maybe make a surprise tourney appearance. The game should slow down for the freshman.
    It would play to their strengths with our guards and both Kading and Dex can run the floor

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    If you base a seson on 1 game, you are an idiot and small minded, simple as that. Are we a young team that is rebuilding that will lose a lot more games then the plast couple years? Yes. But that doesn't mean that we are a bad team. Here is an example. In 2009, Syracuse lost an exhibition game against DII Le Moyne. That was a Big East team losing to a DII team. So with that loss, you would think Syracuse would be a bottom feeder in the league that year right? WRONG!!! They went on to have a 30-5 record that year before losing in the Sweet 16. One bad night does not make a season. Now, I am not saying that NDSU will have that kind of year, not even close. I'm just saying that in sports. especially in college basketball, you can have a bad night. So before you throw the team under the bus, just step back and realize this; especially when thinking so shows you don't know much about college basketball.
    Like the time we lost to MSUM?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

If you base a seson on 1 game, you are an idiot and small minded, simple as that. Are we a young team that is rebuilding that will lose a lot more games then the plast couple years? Yes. But that doesn't mean that we are a bad team. Here is an example. In 2009, Syracuse lost an exhibition game against DII Le Moyne. That was a Big East team losing to a DII team. So with that loss, you would think Syracuse would be a bottom feeder in the league that year right? WRONG!!! They went on to have a 30-5 record that year before losing in the Sweet 16. One bad night does not make a season. Now, I am not saying that NDSU will have that kind of year, not even close. I'm just saying that in sports. especially in college basketball, you can have a bad night. So before you throw the team under the bus, just step back and realize this; especially when thinking so shows you don't know much about college basketball.
    I dont think most people are judging the team off of 1 game. They are judging it off of a mediocre performance in basically every game including exhibition. After the first 2 games people told me I was delusional and you can judge the team vs elite competition and the Summit is a better measure. Heck we just played a way lower level with a similar result.The team Syracuse lost to would probably beat us by 20+ right now. Were young and mediocre right now. So be it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Troubled more by the effort last night, got out rebounded by Crookston. That is just pure effort, wonder if a young team just thought they could show up and roll. Lesson learned I hope.

I disagree. I'd just call it a year.

I've only watched 1 game this year, Hampton, but I would have to say we have 3 players who play regular minutes that cannot guard at a d1 level. All I watched is the wings from Hampton straight line drive right to the rim and score for a majority of the game. If we can't play better d I think it will be a long season.
    NDSU Van Club

Lakesbison may be an idiot, but in the end he's our idiot.

Can we pretend that Jose Mohler passes are like shooting stars, cuz I would wish for a new O coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I disagree. I'd just call it a year.
    #Buttyouradvicehasalwaysbeenlacking.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    This absolutely embarrassing
    Actually not really, I watched Crookston on TV last week vs Milwaukee and they are actually a lot better than past years. I knew we wouldn't beat on them like most thought.
    "We All From Africa"