Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Travis Beck is special

Default Re: Why Travis Beck is special

Thank you Travis! You're a beast amongst hockey players

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I don't know what to say. And maybe that is fitting.

I mean, how does one truly describe Travis Beck and what he has meant to this program. Here is a small-town North Dakota kid that, for whatever reason you can care to mention (and there are MANY reasons), they all seem to pale in comparison when you pare it all away to this basic truth - "he fit Bison Football, and all that Bison Football stands for, TO A TEE". Could there be a better legacy than that.

Thanks for everything Travis! It's "next man up". I'm sure YOU wouldn't see it any other way.

Thank you Travis tough way to go out, coach of the other kids and let's win our fourth title in arow baby
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

One of his many assets was his speed. A few years ago (I guess 3 years ago) in the Dome against SD State, in a crucial situation, SD State was going for a 1st down on 3rd and six or so. The QB kept the ball and tried to run the left side. Looked like he was going to make it fairly easily, but Beck just ate him up with his speed, stopped the play on the sideline a yard or two short of the first down.

Tough as nails. Smarts and speed kills. The only recruit that reminds me of Beck is Brinkman from IA.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

One of my favorite Bison of all time. Great instincts, all guts.

My favorite Bison ever. Best linebacker in the country at this level and never even got the recognition of making an all conference team. So versatile. Wr screens simply don't work against Ndsu because 52 blows them all up. Wish him a speedy recovery.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My stomach dropped when I heard about his injury. He's a great kid and the main reason I try to watch ndsu when they're on TV. It will be a lot easier to cheer against ndsu without him playing but he deserves a better way to end his brilliant underrated career. It's a damn shame.

Feel bad for Travis, reminded me a lot of Grant's situation last year, damn shame that he has to end his career like that. Just a total boss on the football field!

Maybe klieman will find a way to get Beck on the field for the four peat in a boot similar to Grant did last year.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.