Thread: Great 740 Podcasts with our new AD

Default Great 740 Podcasts with our new AD

I give 740 some grief for not being very interesting to Bison fans even when they are talking about NDSU (I won't go into the details.)

However, there is a very good two-part podcast with our new AD. The 740 guys asked a lot of the questions posters here would have asked*.

http://www.740thefan.com/upload/11-12-14MATTL.mp3
    http://www.740thefan.com/upload/11-12-14MattLpart2.mp3

* The "they must have been reading Bisonville" criticisms the media gets have always been confusing to me. Why is that bad? If you want to find out what Bison fans are interesting in knowing about, there are worse places to look that Bisonville

AND SCOTTIE IS ON TODAY! WHICH IS ALWAYS AWESOME!

Default Re: Great 740 Podcasts with our new AD

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I give 740 some grief for not being very interesting to Bison fans even when they are talking about NDSU (I won't go into the details.)

However, there is a very good two-part podcast with our new AD. The 740 guys asked a lot of the questions posters here would have asked*.

http://www.740thefan.com/upload/11-12-14MATTL.mp3
    http://www.740thefan.com/upload/11-12-14MattLpart2.mp3

* The "they must have been reading Bisonville" criticisms the media gets have always been confusing to me. Why is that bad? If you want to find out what Bison fans are interesting in knowing about, there are worse places to look that Bisonville

AND SCOTTIE IS ON TODAY! WHICH IS ALWAYS AWESOME!
    They need to replace Tank with Scottie ASAP...Scottie and Jack doing a two-hour show would be solid gold.

When I was a GA in Sports Information from 2001-2002 and 2003-2004, I got to know those two really well. Jack was the PXP for the NDSU women's games, while Scottie was the PXP for the men's games (same as today)...Except since we played doubleheaders, the one not calling PXP would serve as the color commentator. After games, we'd usually meet up in the SID office and shoot the shit. The stories those two had were great.

Like I said, Jack needs to ditch Tank (he really does suck) and make it the Jack and Scottie show. Solid gold.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Like I said, Jack needs to ditch Tank (he really does suck) and make it the Jack and Scottie show. Solid gold.
    I don't like to call for anybody's job although I doubt that Tank being on the noon show is the sum of his responsibilties. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out how Scottie/Dom/Jeff go about providing compelling Bison coverage. Executing it would just take a bit of effort.

Heck, Jack and Tank asked all the right questions in that interview with our new AD, but, of course, those questions were all on a very high level and required no in-depth knowledge of NDSU's football team. In fact, I doubt that Tank could name a player from each MVFC team or name a guy who needs to step up for the Bison next week because he doesn't do the research. Jack has other irons in the fire. All I'd say is that if Tank is interested in the kind of work he is doing at noon on 740, he shouldn't be half-assing it.

Now, if you want to hear what a UND fan wants to hear about NDSU, Tank is your guy so I'm sure Joel approves.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't like to call for anybody's job. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out how Scottie/Dom/Jeff go about providing compelling Bison coverage.
    I didn't say he needs to be fired...Just reassigned. In addition to hating NDSU, his takes on anything sports related are not good, IMO.

It's not just about the Bison coverage for me...Scott and Jack could talk about gardening or basket weaving and still be funny. Yes, the Bison talk would be awesome, but there is more to it than that. Their chemistry was always great.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I didn't say he needs to be fired...Just reassigned. In addition to hating NDSU, his takes on anything sports related are not good, IMO.
    Yeah, I changed my post because it occurred that a one-hour show couldn't be his whole job. Pinto could take the noon spot and be an improvement.

Matt talked perfectly around the UN_ game. Here is hoping that means he doesn't really want to schedule it either.

I hate hearing them interview players and/or guests from outside the area. It sounds so Jr High most of the time.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Maybe I am wrong but isnt Tank the producer of the show? I dont see Scottie looking to do those responsibilities.

Matt did a great job and his answers were exactly what I see for ndsu also.

Anyone who asks why ndsu isnt trying to get into the Big 10 is a nut job. You have to have zero knowledge of how to breath if you think its even a slight possibility