Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The NCAA's take from NDSU's playoff games...

Default The NCAA's take from NDSU's playoff games...

Thought this was interesting...This is from 2011-2014...

In the last three years, NDSU has had nine home playoff games. NDSU receives 15 percent of the net revenue from these games while the NCAA takes the rest. From these games, NDSU walked away with a combined $482,736.
    So the NCAA's take from those playoff games was over $2.72 million. Amazing how much NDSU is subsidizing the FCS playoffs...Honestly I think it is a complete joke that the NCAA is taking that much.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/the-pinto-and-...icate-balance/
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: The NCAA's take from NDSU's playoff games...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Thought this was interesting...This is from 2011-2014...

So the NCAA's take from those playoff games was over $2.72 million. Amazing how much NDSU is subsidizing the FCS playoffs...Honestly I think it is a complete joke that the NCAA is taking that much.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/the-pinto-and-...icate-balance/
    That is why it is important for the NCAA to keep giving us the 1st of 2nd seed in the playoffs to pay for everyone else to play in them. purple.
    We earn our seed every year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Expect to see the other school fans especially one unnamed one to come up with conspiracy theories to justify our rankings..

160 per year in profits beats a lower tier bowl game that you will lose money on.

As an added bonus, 6 of them were televised nationally.

Sounds like a great deal for us.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is why it is important for the NCAA to keep giving us the 1st of 2nd seed in the playoffs to pay for everyone else to play in them. purple.
    We earn our seed every year.
    We obviously have earned everything we have gotten. Just seeing that number kind of shocked me and I didn't even get into NDSU fans packing Frisco.

$2.72 million would pay for a lot of charter flights. If Montana ever got back into form the NCAA could be making bank if NDSU and the Griz were 1 and 2 seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    160 per year in profits beats a lower tier bowl game that you will lose money on.

As an added bonus, 6 of them were televised nationally.

Sounds like a great deal for us.
    I don't think it is a great deal at all, especially when you take into how regionalization has bit NDSU at times. Great deal for the NCAA though.

Need
    Cash
    As
    Always
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Expect to see the other school fans especially one unnamed one to come up with conspiracy theories to justify our rankings..
    As far as I'm concerned the NCAA owes us a few from the DII days.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the NCAA owes us a few from the DII days.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't think it is a great deal at all, especially when you take into how regionalization has bit NDSU at times. Great deal for the NCAA though.
    OTOH, the NCAA also pays for playoff teams to travel, and some years their cut probably doesn't cover those costs.

True, NDSU has probably been picking up a lot of that travel tab the last four years, but the NCAA did pay our travel costs to go to Montana State, Eastern Washington and Frisco x 4. That probably closes the gap by $1.2 million or more.

I suppose a different model would be to have FCS football schools each pay 1/130th of the costs of running the playoffs.