Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/21-11/22 2K Classic

Default Re: 11/21-11/22 2K Classic

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Really liked the venue.
    Isn't it nice!?! Once again, hotdog/soda/chips for $5! One of TORC thoroughly enjoyed their little counter space!
    (What does that stand for again? Quiet, PL!) And we found a nice place to socialize b/4 & after the game! Even met a new Bisonviller, FANatic!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm very impressed with Miller. Very pleasant surprise.
    Crowd got kinda loud for a bit. Love having a DRINK at the game in the bar in lobby. Parking was better tonight and I think it'll work out at scheels.

LA Miller KB Werner Kading has to play a ton of minutes together mixing in AJ & CD
    FYI this was brought up in the ticket thread, definitely no signs in the Wellness Center lot about restricted parking. Short walk to Scheels Arena.
    Will work for me until its really cold and snowy.

Much easier exit also, west to Veterans and north. Watch for HP's sitting I94 though. Towards 45th tonight.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    A lot of young kids on the team. Fun game to watch. Really liked the venue.
    Also thought the arena was awesome, as first time in it even though I live in Fargo. However, I thought it was real small, doesn't seem like very many seats in the place. There were only 12 rows in the largest section. I don't see how that place can hold 5,000 fans for basketball of hockey for that matter. A lot of people must stand around.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    our best lineup is LA Brown Miller AJ Kading
    Definitely agree. This lineup closed the game out really well. All 5 are capable of scoring in very different ways. Dex is a nice spark off the bench with rebounding tenacity and an improved post up game. Carlin will progress, he just needs to settle down first. He looks like he's playing in fast forward. It will come with more playing time.

The Hampton game Saturday night will be closer to the level of competition within the Summit. Should be another good test.

I think our best lineup would be
    1 LA
    2 miller the driller
    3 Korey Brown
    4 Kading
    5 Werner
    That's who id play at crunch time
    Last edited by unbison; 11-22-2014 at 01:33 PM.

The arena is great but the student atmosphere has been lost. With how much room there is between the sides they should move some of the students there as the first row of regular fans is elevated. They could shift the floor a few feet to the east and then get 3 rows of students on most of the west side. Then move the end seats up towards the court, heck they have to be back 15 feet now. The students were sitting kicked back with arms crossed and not getting into the game.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The arena is great but the student atmosphere has been lost. With how much room there is between the sides they should move some of the students there as the first row of regular fans is elevated. They could shift the floor a few feet to the east and then get 3 rows of students on most of the west side. Then move the end seats up towards the court, heck they have to be back 15 feet now. The students were sitting kicked back with arms crossed and not getting into the game.
    completely agreed. hopefully the student set up in the SHAC is awesome. need to have them right on the court.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The students are also divided in half which hurts. Add in that it's a long drive from campus. One thing that helps is students get free parking at the arena. Have they advertised that to students? The first time I heard about it was while entering the parking lot last night.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not an ideal set-up for the students. Also miss having player fouls and points on the scoreboard. Seats are comfortable.

Football game then bb game tonight. I'm hoping my 7 month old daughter will last. Usually sleeps during 2nd qtr of football games but stays awake for entire bb game. 2 big Bison wins today!