Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 13 Polls

Default Re: Week 13 Polls

the coaches poll is a bigger abortion than CC's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    As stumped as I am with these polls, I can't decide if it will really bother me come playoff time. I mean at worst NDSU would get a top 4 seed, home field until the semis, and one would believe it would put a chip on the team's shoulder for being ranked so poorly given what they have accomplished. Take care of business on Saturday and may the chips fall where they will. I'm unhappy but not a whole lot I can do about it. Hopefully the committee has some common sense when it comes to ranking the teams based off of things other than a team's record. Quality wins and SOS should be a bare minimum of things to take into consideration, not to mention being #1 with a target on your back all season.
    I will only care if NDSU is seated 3 or worse. then I will be mad about the stupidity of the masses. Let's be frank: they only legit teams that should be considered for #1 are New Hampshire and NDSU. This has been pretty much like saying NDSU should have been #1 in the AP poll for FBS.......who has Coastal played? And how dumb are these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    ....who has Coastal played? And how dumb are these guys?
    Substantial evidence exists to answer both questions.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Substantial evidence exists to answer both questions.
    Tatanka, can you remind me again how many top 25 wins Coastal has? And how many FBS games they won this year?

By the way, NDSU ever played these guys before, and how did that go?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well if they are like UNI's AD then I would expect that. He said he watches a quarter of all the playoff teams each week.
    I'd hate to see what an outside-the-conference AD based our team off of watching our 1st quarters only.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Tatanka, can you remind me again how many top 25 wins Coastal has? And how many FBS games they won this year?

By the way, NDSU ever played these guys before, and how did that go?

Several of the answers to the above involve the number of national championships won at uni.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

This is the result of getting piss pounded as opposed to making a game out of it. We need a strong showing this weekend.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It wouldn't shock me at all if Coastal loses to Liberty, the Flames get the auto if they win. Coastal isn't exactly battle tested.

We could find ourselves back in the top 2, even though I don't think it matters much if at all for seeding.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I'd hate to see what an outside-the-conference AD based our team off of watching our 1st quarters only.
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This is the result of getting piss pounded as opposed to making a game out of it. We need a strong showing this weekend.
    This^... The UNI AD said that he tries to watch 1 quarter from each team and then watches an entire game from each team that could be seeded. If they all do this and just watch the first quarters, and then watch the entire UNI game, NDSU will not look like a #1 or #2 team.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It probably got into the style guide for the Sports Page 40 years ago or something and the editor can't be bothered to update it.
    You are probably right. Probably goes back to D2 days, since the AFCA Coaches poll was used then.