Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Selection Show

Default Re: FCS Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Yeah, $30k seems a little low. He should know, though.

Didn't I hear once upon a time that NDSU was pocketing about $200k per playoff game, or is my memory failing me again?
    Seems to good to be true. Doesn't the NCAA take it?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing we are much more in line with the Montana number.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing we are much more in line with the Montana number.
    Probably right. Like I say, memory is the first to go, especially with all the "west lotting" I've been doing with all those playoff games the last 3 years.

Probably that number I'm thinking of was the net, and NCAA gets $150k of that and NDSU gets $50k. Sound more plausible?

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Why don't they just require a designated amount to host each round? It isn't like they do more/less if the net is more/less than 75%. Does the NCAA make lots of money from some games by going with the net 75% stipulation? In other words, does the NCAA rake in more money than the minimum from you because you guys pack the house and pay premium ticket prices (whereas they probably only get the minimum from UNI which probably won't pack the house and probably will have cheaper ticket prices)?
    I remember Gene Taylor talking about the logistics and numbers. The NCAA has a very specific list of things that the host can include as their "costs" and even those have limits. There are some things that cost NDSU money during home playoff games that come directly out of the NDSU share. For a sold out Fargodome, the payout to the NCAA is a LOT more than any of the minimum bids. The same would be true for games in Missoula and any other venue that has crowds of similar size.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Probably right. Like I say, memory is the first to go, especially with all the "west lotting" I've been doing with all those playoff games the last 3 years.

Probably that number I'm thinking of was the net, and NCAA gets $150k of that and NDSU gets $50k. Sound more plausible?

I think you are thinking if the net of the three games. I thought I remember hearing 250k for all 3 postseason games

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I remember Gene Taylor talking about the logistics and numbers. The NCAA has a very specific list of things that the host can include as their "costs" and even those have limits. There are some things that cost NDSU money during home playoff games that come directly out of the NDSU share. For a sold out Fargodome, the payout to the NCAA is a LOT more than any of the minimum bids. The same would be true for games in Missoula and any other venue that has crowds of similar size.

Win/Bigger Win for the NCAA with no risk. Must be nice to run a cartel.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Win/Bigger Win for the NCAA with no risk. Must be nice to run a cartel.
    If you guys could actually sell out a playoff game, you could have a cartel too. I seem to remember a tiny crowd last time you hosted a playoff game. Didn't you lose to Lehigh at home? Or do your fans only sell out vs ndsu and rush the field vs ndsu?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you guys could actually sell out a playoff game, you could have a cartel too. I seem to remember a tiny crowd last time you hosted a playoff game. Didn't you lose to Lehigh at home? Or do your fans only sell out vs ndsu and rush the field vs ndsu?
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to the NCAA with the racket comment. Stand down Herdbot

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Take a step back....