Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Selection Show

Default Re: FCS Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I hope that's not the case. Also, I thought I remember that if two seeded teams play, the higher bidder gets the game. I also recall that some AD out there, maybe GSU's screwed the pooch one year and missed out on home game. ???????
    I don't think so unless it has changed recently. Every higher ranked team has had home field going back to at least 2010. In 2011, #1 SHSU and #4 Montana played, with SHSU being the home team. I'm pretty sure Montana would've outbid SHSU if that was the case at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the top 2 seeds are guaranteed home games as long as they submit the minimum bids.
    I'm a bit puzzled then as to why GT seemed to always put in a much higher bid than minimum. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out how this works again.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

To save everyone a lot of searching and needless reading...

CRITERIA – PRELIMINARY ROUND SITE SELECTION
    With regard to first-round, second-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw
    31.1.3.2.1, the NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee shall consider the following additional criteria
    when selecting playoff sites:
    1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75
    percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
    First round—$30,000
    Second round—$40,000
    Quarterfinals—$50,000
    Semifinals—$60,000
    2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top eight
    seeded teams.
    3. When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as
    follows: (1) quality of facility, (2) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (3) attendance history and
    potential, (4) team’s performance (e.g., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division
    I opponents), and (5) student-athlete well-being (e.g., travel, missed class time).
    4. If a second-round, quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not available due to the fact the institutions
    involved did not submit a proposed budget, the committee will contact the institutions and offer the
    opportunity to submit a bid at the current round’s minimum financial guarantee level. If seeded teams are not
    involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site-selection
    criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
    5. If no institution is willing to submit a proposed budget at the current level, the previous round’s minimum
    financial guarantee will be offered. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host
    institutions by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
    6. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host
    institution.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I'm a bit puzzled then as to why GT seemed to always put in a much higher bid than minimum. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out how this works again.
    Teams have already submitted their guarantees so NDSU will have gone over the minimum in case they aren't a 1 or 2 seed.

It'd take pretty big ones to gamble on bidding the minimum.

Can someone smarter than me tell me what exactly this means?

1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75
    First round—$30,000
    Second round—$40,000
    Quarterfinals—$50,000
    Semifinals—$60,000
    2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top eight
    seeded teams.

Does it mean you have to submit a bid that is 75% of game budget, meaning a 75% sellout crowd at NDSU produces a much higher bid than the minimums? Also, this doesn't seem to reflect that the higher seed automatically gets the game if other seeded teams bids higher.

I'm effing terrible with numbers (and computers/Iphones) btw and in case not obvious!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First round—$30,000
    Second round—$40,000
    Quarterfinals—$50,000
    Semifinals—$60,000
    seeded teams.
    You have to guarantee at least that dollar amount, whether through 75% of net receipts or out of pocket.

You're eligible to host as long as you meet the minimum bids for each round. If you're a seed and bid at least the minimum, you host a 2nd round game.

If you play another seed, the better seed hosts the game as long as the minimum is met.

EDIT: if I remember correctly, the amount that is paid is the greater of 75% of net receipts or the host institution's bid guarantee.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

First round—$30,000
    Second round—$40,000
    Quarterfinals—$50,000
    Semifinals—$60,000
    seeded teams.

Does it mean you have to submit a bid that is 75% of game budget, meaning a 75% sellout crowd at NDSU produces a much higher bid than the minimums? Also, this doesn't seem to reflect that the higher seed automatically gets the game if other seeded teams bids higher.

I'm effing terrible with numbers (and computers/Iphones) btw and in case not obvious!!
    Come on CAS you're a lawyer and you can't figure that out????

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Teams have already submitted their guarantees so NDSU will have gone over the minimum in case they aren't a 1 or 2 seed.

It'd take pretty big ones to gamble on bidding the minimum.
    Also, it isn't as if, if you 'win' you only pay what you bid. The bid is a guarantee to the NCAA, if you take in more $$$ than that the NCAA continues to take their slice so the floor for an NDSU bid shouldn't be the minimum NCAA requirement it should be based on the NCAA's share of the minimum amount you think you're going to earn on the game.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

First round—$30,000
    Second round—$40,000
    Quarterfinals—$50,000
    Semifinals—$60,000
    seeded teams.
    The numbers shown are minimums. But you have to show 75% of the projected revenue for the game. Because thats what the NCAA takes. Thats my best guess.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

We need Hammersmith back.

1. Pretty sure that the 75% of estimated net receipts is just a general estimate used to establish the minimum guarantees. What the NCAA will take is a different deal altogether.
    2. If all top 8 seeds supply the minimum guarantee, then the top 8 seeds will host in the second round (the round of 16.) If one of the seeded team's guarantee is under the minimum, then it's not automatic that they'll get to host.