Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17: At Iowa

Default Re: 11/17: At Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Actually Iowa City is a fun college town, just what you like to relive. Come back up from the border El_Guapo.

This here.

Great college town.

** Took my daughter a couple of times to tour the U of Iowa and I would have went there for school just by looking at their student rec center....wow, that is a very impressive facility.
    Last edited by BisoninNWMN; 11-15-2014 at 03:44 PM.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So what does Iowa's basketball team look like this year?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm done with Iowa after last 2 trips, boring bar scenes, boring towns, total pud, I'm sure Iowa city is even worse
    But there is corn every where. What more do you want
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    But there is corn every where. What more do you want
    Needs more rainforest
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Actually Iowa City is a fun college town, just what you like to relive. Come back up from the border El_Guapo.
    He speaks with forked tongue. Last time we were at UNI he had been at the Iowa -MN game and he raved about the game day atmosphere and parties..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Probable NCAA tournament team, upper middle of the pack in the B1G.

Lost some good seniors but still have Aaron White at Forward. Good team, well coached with solid depth. Not quite the same beast as Texas but a very challenging game nonetheless.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...review-big-ten

Man, I know the Hawkeyes absolutely tripped into the asphalt at the end of last season, but looking at who comes back, it's impossible for me not to keep Fran McCaffery's team in the top four of this league. This is not a popular stance. But I think Aaron White is the second-toughest matchup at forward in the conference to Kaminsky. Adam Woodbury is undervalued by everyone outside of the league. Jarrod Uthoff made big strides last year and will likely continue that ascent this season. And Peter Jok, if he can stop getting into trouble with the law, will be a fine role player. Oh, and there's problem-in-the-paint Gabriel Olaseni. Deepest front court in the conference right here. The Hawkeyes were second in the Big Ten in offensive efficiency last season. Mike Gessell is back at the point. Anything below 20 wins would be a supreme letdown.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I did see Bulldog Tap post on Facebook they have ESPN3 and will have the game on tonight. I think I can get it at home since I have Midco internet but just thought I'd share the info. Gonna be a very tough game again for our guys, definitely not as tough as Texas but for a team still figuring things out definitely not an ideal matchup. If we keep it close for a while and under 20 overall I'll definitely be happy.

funny the big ten network wont add this, even on an alternative station on direct tv. booo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Starting line-up for Iowa with last season's stats (very tall front-line).......
    They were 20-13 (9-9) last season, 13-4 at home
    Leading scorer was Roy Devyn Marble (SR) at 17.0, 3 starters return (bold)

G - 6' 2" Anthony Clemmons - JR - 2.4 ppg, 1.7 apg
    G - 6' 2' Mike Gesell - JR - 7.8 ppg, 3.9 apg, 31% 3fg% (offered by Nebraska)
    F - 6' 9" Jarod Uthoff - JR - 7.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 42% 3fg%
    F - 6' 9" Aaron White - SR - 12.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg
    C - 7' 1" Adam Woodbury - SR - 5.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg (offered by Minnesota)

And off the bench 6' 10" SR Gabriel Olaseni, 6.5 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.3 bpg
    and 6' 5" JR Josh Oglesby - 6.6 ppg, 40.3% 3fg%