Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Challengers to a 4-Peat

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Challengers to a 4-Peat

Forget all polls and rankings. Who are the teams with the best shot to win the title (thus who are the hottest teams CURRENTLY). I think the list is small and in no particular order: NDSU, UNI, EWU, Ill St., and Villanova. I will include as wild cards (I don't feel like I know enough about them but they are currently hot) UNH, Jackdonville State, and Chattanooga. I really think it will be an MVC team or EWU. Your thoughts...

Default Re: Challengers to a 4-Peat

That looks like a pretty fair list to me, though I think UNH and Nova are probably about the same level of threat. I might also put Coastal Carolina, Richmond, and SDSU as outside threats.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Forget all polls and rankings. Who are the teams with the best shot to win the title (thus who are the hottest teams CURRENTLY). I think the list is small and in no particular order: NDSU, UNI, EWU, Ill St., and Villanova. I will include as wild cards (I don't feel like I know enough about them but they are currently hot) UNH, Jackdonville State, and Chattanooga. I really think it will be an MVC team or EWU. Your thoughts...
    Hottest team would have to be UNI. Best team is probably still NDSU. Does anyone here honestly have any idea though on some of these teams?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Hottest team would have to be UNI. Best team is probably still NDSU. Does anyone here honestly have any idea though on some of these teams?
    In two weeks, that hottest team could be SIU. Just sayin'.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    I shouldn't have worded it with that being the key factor but it is an important factor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    I see what you are saying. Only partially disagree
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I think the biggest threats to NDSU outside the Valley is UNH and EWU and the list ends there. Within the Valley, UNI, SDSU, and Illinois State would be tough outs. UNI is winning games, but I don't think I would call them hot? They match up well against NDSU, but that is about it. UNI's QB play is too horrible to make a deep run, let alone maybe even win in Carbondale and make the playoffs.

Northern Iowa. However, as shot as my nerves would be........I would like to see NDSU play them in the post season in any round.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As you guys have said the list is very short. UNH has played nobody. They lost their FBS to Toledo by 34, who lost to Iowa State and as of right now don't play the top other 2 teams in the CAA. Coastal has played absolutely nobody. Can you say Eastern Illinois from last year? Jacksonville St is winning the OVC, where this year it is them and nobody else.

I personally think the list narrows down to whoever gets in from the Valley, EWU, Villanova (2 losses by 1 point each, including 2OT to Syracuse), and Richmond.

Outside of the Valley (and I literally mean anyone in the Valley), EWU is the only team that scares me. Year after year, all these other teams have stepped up and taken their beating and went home for the year. I haven't done much research on the other teams at the top of the polls, but if any of them are one-dimensional, it's already over before the game starts. Not to mention they need to play solid defense.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.