Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Ndsu/texas 11/14 opener!!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ndsu/texas 11/14 opener!!

Wow, so I didn't get the game just saw the stats and now just came on here to read this and sounds like some of you have given up on the season and we are 0-1. You do realize we play like 26 games right? At #10 I honestly feel like Texas is underrated, I think they are one of the top 5 teams in the country. AJ shot 0-11 in his first game, ever think maybe if your first game after playing high school ball in North Dakota you might be a little nervous going into an environment like Texas, he'll turn it around. LA didn't play well, we know he will do better. No we don't have much for an inside game at all but we also will not play another team with the size and athleticism of Texas again this year unless we make the dance. I'm also interested to know about Miller's injury as he is going to be a big part of what we do this year. This team needs some time to gel, playing Texas and Iowa to start the year certainly were not ideal for a young team but hopefully it won't shake their confidence too bad and they can learn and grow from it. I'm not giving up, I still think this team can finish around .500 in the regular season and be a top 5 seed in the summit tournament and anything can happen from there. Patience is key, it's not just new players but new coaches as well, just gotta give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I'm not giving up, I still think this team can finish around .500 in the regular season and be a top 5 seed in the summit tournament and anything can happen from there. Patience is key, it's not just new players but new coaches as well, just gotta give it time.

Finishing .500 in the dam summit is a JOKE, a good basketball program should be 20-10 with this garbage schedule (after texas/iowa) and a 1-2 seed in the summit, maybe 3rd.
    Im sorry, but I have high expectations
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Finishing .500 in the dam summit is a JOKE, a good basketball program should be 20-10 with this garbage schedule (after texas/iowa) and a 1-2 seed in the summit, maybe 3rd.
    Im sorry, but I have high expectations
    As do I and I honestly think that in 2 years when the SHAC is finished our program will be able to sustain that level of success but right now we are in the middle of a HUGE transition. Even for LA who's been here for 4 years this is an entirely different season. He's now THE guy, he's not practicing/working out in the same facilities he's become used to, new coaching staff, new home arena for games and a bunch of new faces around him. I'm not saying we can't win 20 games this season all I'm saying is that after one game against one of the top teams in the country it sounds like half the people on here are ready to write us off for a 5-25 season. It will get better and it will get better yet this year, it's just going to take time