Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The thing that pissed me off most today:

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The thing that pissed me off most today:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    What pissed me off the most? That stupid field goal instead of going for it on 4th down with less than a yard to go inside the five yard line. I have been terribly disappointed all season in Coach Klieman's propensity to kick field goals instead of going for it on 4th down when NDSU is deep in the opponent's red zone, but yesterday turned my disappointment into anger. The Bison NEEDED to go for it on 4th down. In the past, Klieman has said himself that holding an opponent to a field goal after handing them a short field is a victory for the defense and gives the team a lift, and that's just exactly what his poor decision did. A touchdown could have turned everything around, but instead it made it into a "win" by the Panthers by holding the Bison to three points. It was interesting to hear Klieman say on today's Bison Football show with Jeremy Jorgensen that the Bison were "forced" to settle for the field goal -- hey, coach, nobody FORCED you to kick a field goal there. That was just gutless and sent the wrong message to the everyone -- UNI included. Sheesh, have some confidence in your team, man.

Did you honestly have faith the offense could have got that first down?

Our offense was incapable of gaining any yds yesterday, so he took the points in hopes it my turn around

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Did you honestly have faith the offense could have got that first down?

Our offense was incapable of gaining any yds yesterday, so he took the points in hopes it my turn around
    I had more faith picking up inches than I did getting back in the redzone.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just read Kolpack's column. Apparently the only thing wrong with this Bison team is that the fans' expectations are too high. I don't think he was paying attention yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by FFBison View Post
    Not sure if you watched the game back yet (I haven't), but it sure looked like we got a bad spot on the 3rd and 1 play. Guessing that 4th down play was more like 2 yards than inches. My thought was that if we had maintained at least 4th and 1, we would have gone for it.
    Are you basing your loss on a BALL SPOT?

What pissed me off the most? That stupid field goal instead of going for it on 4th down with less than a yard to go inside the five yard line. I have been terribly disappointed all season in Coach Klieman's propensity to kick field goals instead of going for it on 4th down when NDSU is deep in the opponent's red zone, but yesterday turned my disappointment into anger. The Bison NEEDED to go for it on 4th down. In the past, Klieman has said himself that holding an opponent to a field goal after handing them a short field is a victory for the defense and gives the team a lift, and that's just exactly what his poor decision did. A touchdown could have turned everything around, but instead it made it into a "win" by the Panthers by holding the Bison to three points. It was interesting to hear Klieman say on today's Bison Football show with Jeremy Jorgensen that the Bison were "forced" to settle for the field goal -- hey, coach, nobody FORCED you to kick a field goal there. That was just gutless and sent the wrong message to the everyone -- UNI included. Sheesh, have some confidence in your team, man.

Or kneeing it wiht 34 seconds left before the half...

But all in all, we needed the loss. I would rather have it be now, than in the playoffs. Hopefully they will learn from this and bounce back and take us to Frisco again.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cat View Post
    Are you basing your loss on a BALL SPOT?
    I am now making it my person mission to make sure everyone realizes you are not the real Cap and that you are a bigger loser than the UNI program.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 11-10-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Kleiman staved off a shut out by taking the 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    This is a huge reason why football fans don't watch FCS. It's not that the quality of football is lower, it's the poor television production. Step it up!

I agree, 10,000%, 84. I've always thought that the networks send their fucking interns to do FCS and DII games to cut their teeth for a couple of years. Watched three of the CBS Sports DII GOW's this year and it was the same thing.

It was interesting to hear Klieman say on today's Bison Football show with Jeremy Jorgensen that the Bison were "forced" to settle for the field goal -- hey, coach, nobody FORCED you to kick a field goal there. That was just gutless and sent the wrong message to the everyone -- UNI included. Sheesh, have some confidence in your team, man.
    Yep, coaches don't changed their mindsets on these things. That's the way Klieman thinks (it's been happening all year), so I don't expect it to ever change. It's a big demoralizer for the fans, and I would think for the players too.