Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we should be concerned this time around.

Default Re: Why we should be concerned this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I don't think there is another team in the FCS that matches up to NDSU like UNI. If we don't play them in the playoffs and get a 2 seed, I don't see another team coming into the dome and beating us.
    and if we play them in the farog dome, it will be opposite outcome and play out same way with UNI making a alot of mistakes and not being able check at line because of the noise.. we win 23-3

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Today was all about pattern. Everything that we're bitching about here was a huge concern at several points in previous games. Play calling, penalties, Carson throwing with no touch, kicking field goals when you've got a good chance to keep a drive alive or score a TD. UNI had our number and exploited those holes. Someone else here said that UNI was the only team that matches us so well. Today, there was no match. They were better coached, mentally prepared, and physically ready. We were not.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    They wanted six but didn't need six. Either way, they would have needed a TD to tie or take the lead. If the D plays like they would have normally played, thing are different. NDSU wins as a team, but also loses as a team.
    But with the way the offense was playing that day, what were your chances of getting that close to the endzone again? And it wasn't 4th and goal..it was 4th and less than a yard. They didn't need to score, they just needed one more yard for a new set of downs.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    and if we play them in the farog dome, it will be opposite outcome and play out same way with UNI making a alot of mistakes and not being able check at line because of the noise.. we win 23-3
    UNI isn't intimidated by our dome. They led 23-10 in the 4th last year before losing Farley and Johnson. No way we beat UNI at home if we don't make improvements in many facets. I am shocked at how poorly our offense played, despite the playcalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

I agree with the original post. They have not put a complete game together all season. The defense is good but the offense and special teams at times has work to do. I'm also starting to wonder how accurate Wentz is. The last two or three games he's had wide open receivers that he's missed. I'm a little more concerned than most Bison fans too. I hope this loss helps. Like a couple of you said, we will find out next week.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You can only ride the coattails of Craig Bohl for so long.

Lardsin must go!

Everyone seems really concerned about not going on 4th down near the end zone. We got points there and it was late and a one possession game after the fg.

Im more concerned about not going on 4th and 1 from the 40 early in the game. We punted into the endzone and they got the ball on the 20. Dumb IMO.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Everyone seems really concerned about not going on 4th down near the end zone. We got points there and it was late and a one possession game after the fg.

Im more concerned about not going on 4th and 1 from the 40 early in the game. We punted into the endzone and they got the ball on the 20. Dumb IMO.
    They were both bad decisions for the same reasons.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IN staying with the original theme here of, "should we be concerned...", I will say a legitimate YES.
    Personally I am very optimistic about this Bison team, but I am "concerned" that in order for the Bison to regain their focus", I do think offensively, we need to be "less predictable", any this goes beyon simply play calling.
    While as a fan I LOVE the aspect that the Bison rolls over opponents in the second half, especially in the 4'th quarter. But in the last few games, either home or away, I have started to wonder about our "focus" on offensive in the first half?
    Without writing book, on play selection by the Bison in the first half of games this year, the bottom line is the Bison offensive play itself, AND coaches stating the fact that the Bison want to "soften" the opposing defense up by passing a lot more, and running more "trick" type payed such as end-arounds etc. and even the beloved "inside screen" that the Bison of past years has used as a DAGGER in winning games and championships, so much so that the defense(pick your opposing teams name here) knows what to look for?
    Telegraphing our plays is bad enough, but telegraphing our offensive philosophy, has only allowed defenses, to look a game film and do what UNI did to us? THey looked at formations we run, found tendencies, and in a lot of cases, they knew what plays were coming before the ball was snapped! Add to that, even though Carson had tons of time to stay in the pocket looking for a receiver, either the coverage was too good, or he simplydidnt see open receivers.
    Either way, the Bison focus, might want to think about coming out NOT trying to soften up the opposing defense with passing when they dont expect us, running trick plays, but maybe lets establish that Herd Mentality, by running the football, mostly, getting on the scoreboard early, and not wait till the second half to dominate? Why not do it early!
    Go Bison, and like I said once already...I feel bad for Mo. State as they are gonna be hurting next saturday night!

Can we all agree that Bisonville is a lot more interesting after a loss?