Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Northern Iowa

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    If it matters, Phil agreed with the call...
    Phil's wrong then, too. This is pretty straight forward stuff. It's been around for a fairly long time now. It's clear, no matter who's building you're in. You should go for it there.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    because it is a pretty simpel decision on the road..

We'll agree to disagree. You have to take into account game flow and the lack of success we had even getting to the redzone. We should have felt at that time (which ultimately came to fruition) that that would be our only shot inside the 5.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    We'll agree to disagree. You have to take into account game flow and the lack of success we had even getting to the redzone. We should have felt at that time (which ultimately came to fruition) that that would be our only shot inside the 5.
    and they would have gone for it and not got it and most of you would have still bitched.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Phil's wrong then, too. This is pretty straight forward stuff. It's been around for a fairly long time now. It's clear, no matter who's building you're in. You should go for it there.
    If NDSU doesn't give up the long return on the kick-off, everything is back on their side...Not a bad call by Klieman.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

and they would have gone for it and not got it and most of you would have still bitched.
    Doubt it, these people are pretty consistent in regards to their decision making in that situation. Especially audit.

Or gotten a safety on defense. OR completely turned the game around by scoring a TD. Offense lost confidence too knowing they couldn't punch it in being so close. Ifs and buts...
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

because it is a pretty simpel decision on the road..
    wrong. going for it averages 5.8 points in the long term. kicking it averages 2.8 long term. like audit said its been around for a while and

it doesnt matter home vs road. you could argue with game flow momentum all of that stuff that kicking the field goal helps the defense. its a no brainer to go for it and to be honest it shouldnt even be considered to kick it with the defense the bison has

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Doubt it, these people are pretty consistent in regards to their decision making in that situation. Especially audit.
    natstar1 has been all over it this season and TILIS knows the math.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

If it is the goal line situation I think we're talking about, would it have changed much? A touchdown vs a field goal right? We still were getting out played and they scored again anyways.

I agree with more aggression but I think Klieman was a tad intimidated to be honest. Oh well, we would play uni at home in the playoffs and in my opinion that will change decisions made

natstar1 has been all over it this season and TILIS knows the math.
    That is my biggest coaching pet peeve at all levels of football. IMO, 4th and 5 or less is nearly an automatic 'go for it' at the midfield and on when you have a strong defense and capable offense.