Thread: Stevie Keller named Women's Head Coach

Default Stevie Keller named Women's Head Coach

I know that this is old news, but it is a nice conversation piece. Lars has always said that Stevie will be his replacement when he decides to hang it up. But since it is unclear when a guy like Lars will retain, Stevie will be the women's coach. This is great for 2 reasons: it keeps other schools away (he was offered the MSUM job and actually considered accepting the position more than folks know) and it a step closer to having a combined program. Not every school is capable of pulling this off, but I think we can. Actually we are already doing that for the most part. All of the event coaches work with all athletes. When Lars retires, they can make Stevie Head Coach and hire an associate head coach.

Stevie started off as a Bison his freshman year and left for Montana State, which was known for having great multi-event athletes at the time. He went on to score over 7400 pts in the decath and has been not only responsible for the development of pole vaulters and multi-eventers at NDSU but also in the community. His camps are excellent and kids comes from all over the place to come to his camps.

He is also very approachable and one of the nicest guys out there.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Default Re: Stevie Keller named Women's Head Coach

A great pick. He also made the Olympic Trials, if I recall. As the Bison often say, 'champions find ways to win' ... so great to have a winner at the helm.