Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: De'Sean Eikens

Default Re: De'Sean Eikens

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    He is being evaluated on the AAU circuit a lot more than the ND High School level I can tell you that. A lot more to talent eval than looking at statistics.
    Yeah, going for 46 against Belcourt is a lot different than AAU

No doubt kid is good though
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yeah, going for 46 against Belcourt is a lot different than AAU

No doubt kid is good though
    I still have nightmares from our trips to wrestle them. Wonder if it's a tough place to play basketball as well
    College of Business Alumnus

Belcourt was always a tough place to play in their old gym with the one side seating. Was not bright in there and the refs were usually very tough on the away teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Belcourt was always a tough place to play in their old gym with the one side seating. Was not bright in there and the refs were usually very tough on the away teams.
    What? Belcourt has new gym, the dark one side gym with beautiful cedar beams across the top would only be around 30 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    What? Belcourt has new gym, the dark one side gym with beautiful cedar beams across the top would only be around 30 years old.
    That's why I called it the old gym, cuz they have the new one

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Not only a new gym an entire new school. They get a new one every ten years. I could go on but I think I'll just stop here.

Lardsin must go!

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Devils Lake played at Belcourt last night and lost in overtime; DL called for 40 fouls to Belcourts 18; Belcourt shot 75 FREE THROWS

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    He is being evaluated on the AAU circuit a lot more than the ND High School level I can tell you that. A lot more to talent eval than looking at statistics.
    Well numbers don't LIE; especially SHOOTING STATS----can he make FT's, can he hit 3's

AAU isn't everything---up n down style of play limited defense and LOTS of players thinking about ME and not TEAM

SKILLS---like the ability to shoot the basketball can be judged in ND High School Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Well numbers don't LIE; especially SHOOTING STATS----can he make FT's, can he hit 3's

AAU isn't everything---up n down style of play limited defense and LOTS of players thinking about ME and not TEAM

SKILLS---like the ability to shoot the basketball can be judged in ND High School Basketball
    He is not an elite level shooter at this point. Not sure if he can be considered a good shooter even. The things that make him special are his ability to get to the rim consistently and create a ton of contact, his ability to split defenders at the rim, and his ability to rebound in space. He has a similar style of play as like a Julius Randle. Looks to get to the rim every possession and rebounds tenaciously, but lacks a killer jump shot.

High school stats really are not a great way to judge him, at this point anyway. Realistically, he is so much better than everyone he has played against this year so far, where he is going against guys that have no chance of guarding him. That said, he is averaging 10.5 offensive rebounds per game and averaging 23 rebounds per game overall. That is impressive. He is getting to the line an average of 18 times per game. That is impressive. Just needs to improve his free throw percentage while he is at the line.

The thing that makes him interesting is that he is 15 years old and 6'6.5" in socks and has been consistently growing. I feel he will be able to improve his free throw percentage over the course of his high school career, and realistically, if he can get to that 6'8"-6'9" range, he may be able to be a player who just dominates the game from 17 feet and in.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched DeSean and Williston play Minot tonight. He was reportedly not feeling well before the game and didn't start but did wind up playing significant minutes. Minot won 57-47. Neither team shot well. Minot was something like 31% and Williston 38%. Eikens himself got 13 pts. and 8 rebounds. Rumor has it that he will be moving back to Louisville, Ky. after this year which is reportedly where his family is from. But it's just a rumor so you can take it for what its worth.