Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Recruiting Prospects

Default Re: 2016 Recruiting Prospects

wow, the state of Minnesota high school football season is gonna be pretty exciting to watch, there is a legit 100 D1 football players in this class. 50 for sure, and 50 that could get D1 offers and take.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    wow, the state of Minnesota high school football season is gonna be pretty exciting to watch, there is a legit 100 D1 football players in this class. 50 for sure, and 50 that could get D1 offers and take.
    Could you provide a list of those players. Preferably with links to supporting articles. I am interested in knowing and following those from SE MN.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Could you provide a list of those players. Preferably with links to supporting articles. I am interested in knowing and following those from SE MN.
    Wait you want facts?

My hope is the continued philosophy of kids who want to play for NDSU not simply at NDSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Wait you want facts?
    I need something to do on Friday nights and off weekends. Might as well be taking in some potential future Bison.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    I need something to do on Friday nights and off weekends. Might as well be taking in some potential future Bison.
    Not sure if serious......
    however, here is the Star-Tribune's page with offers.

http://www.mnfootballhub.com/page/sh...16-recruitment

My North Dakota math tells me there are currently 14 DI offers to Minnesota high schoolers.
    Counting Div 1AA offers, there are 30 total players offered (16 1AA, 14 DI).
    The way Grand Forks U throws offers out there, who knows what the total will end up being.

Bisonation.info also lets you search by state, so you can see all the different Minnesotans who
    show up as having interest in NDSU. (this link may not work, I've had that problem with Rivals before also.

http://bisonation.info/recruiting-interest-minnesota/

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Not sure if serious......
    however, here is the Star-Tribune's page with offers.

http://www.mnfootballhub.com/page/sh...16-recruitment

My North Dakota math tells me there are currently 14 DI offers to Minnesota high schoolers.
    Counting Div 1AA offers, there are 30 total players offered (16 1AA, 14 DI).
    The way Grand Forks U throws offers out there, who knows what the total will end up being.

Bisonation.info also lets you search by state, so you can see all the different Minnesotans who
    show up as having interest in NDSU. (this link may not work, I've had that problem with Rivals before also.

http://bisonation.info/recruiting-interest-minnesota/
    This can't be...we heard 100. Double check your math and round to the proper significant figures

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    This can't be...we heard 100. Double check your math and round to the proper significant figures
    My mistake was using my "North Dakota" math.....

Not Bert's "California math", and not El Chapo's math.....

That being said, I believe John has said it is an up year for recruiting in Minnesota, and the Gophers recruiting
    really shows that, so I see where El Chapo's enthusiasm comes from. It is still early in the offering process.
    Just don't ask El Chapo for directions..........here was one of his alter-ego posts on egriz.....

Re: Can we beat NDSU?
    Postby Bisonation » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:27 pm

You guys are cute there's
    like 1000 lakes west of fargo 40 miles and fargo is a very nice town downtown Broadway
    bar scene is cool (SEE ESPN GAMEDAY) 3 hours from Minneapolis. And no wa griz isn't
    louder than fargodome we've already had a thread on this
    Last edited by bruinbison; 05-16-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    If one of the five I listed gets drafted, and Kill's #1 guy at that position doesn't, it is fair to say he underestimated our guy. Doesn't change that he is a good coach - every coach makes those judgements year in and year out.

My overall opinion is that even in a "down" year, there are more than 3 MN players that likely should be picked up the Gophers. I am excited that we were able to get them instead. I think that 2015 will be viewed as a year of great MN recruits for NDSU. We'll find out in a couple years.
    OK, but the entire Big Ten recruits MN, and in a way the entire nation will come for elite talent. Nobody came in 2015. Doesn't mean that the guys in that class have no chance of being good, just means that there were guys who at age 17/18 looked like better bets. Looks like 2016 is different, a bunch of guys who look like great bets. Recruiting is really imperfect and we should embrace that rather than denying it. To say that a guy who blossomed at age 20 was "missed" by recruiters isn't exactly true. That happens all the time. Doesn't mean FBS coaches should start trying to land 2 stars all of a sudden because there are way too many of them who don't blossom at 20.

Jashon Cornell, and Drayton Carlberg went to Ohio State and Oregon respectively. Not to mention the center that went to Alabama.