Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Team

Default 2014/2015 Team

Just want to give my thoughts on the team.

PG- Lawrence Alexander
    We know what we are getting with him. A great ball handler and will be our go-to scorer. May see him play a little bit off the ball too with Dupree, Brown, and probably a frosh guard or two in the lineup. Very good shot at being in contention for conference POTY. I think he will be even better and ready to lead.

SG- Kory Brown
    Saw some improvement from him in February and March. He looked more confident and saw more scoring chances. His role will change. He must be a scorer from here on out. Would be nice to see if he has a consistent jump shot. I think he will step up to the challenge. It's nice to return the best defender in the conference and probably the best perimeter defender in all of mid major basketball (yes I said it). He can defend multiple positions. He will be Summit defensive player of the year this season.

SG/PG- Carlin Dupree
    We saw glimpses of him last season. In March Madness he was great. Would be nice if he could be a scoring threat this season. He can get to the rim. Needs work on an outside shot as this team doesn't seem to have much for perimeter shooting, but it's nice to have the ball handlers we do. Players usually improve the most from their Fr to So seasons and I think that will be the case with Carlin.

SF- AJ Jacobson
    I am interested to see what he gives us. There will be ups and downs but he may end up as a very good player for us when all is said and done. Kinda reminds me of Braun but a little less athletic. He may be a little more refined earlier in his career then Braun was. He will get a lot of minutes.

C/PF- Chris Kading
    Stepping in for Marshall is huge shoes to fill. We need a guy with a back to the basket game on this team. We saw it at times last season with him but not a lot. He needs to give us some production down low. He can also be a stretch 5 player and hit an outside shot on occasion. Hopefully we see some consistency.

PF- Dexter Werner
    He is kind of an X-Factor. He will play a lot due to depth concerns. Can he score? I see him more of a guy that will come in to rebound and score on put backs. He's long and more athletic than you think. Can he defend some of the athletic 4 types in this league? I like the physical presence he brings to the team. This team playing more up-tempo should help his game.

4 of the 6 true frosh will have to play. This team lacks perimeter shooting IMO and a front court presence IMO. They must find an identity early, unlike the teams we had with Saul. It seemed like those teams struggled with that for the most part. Were they a half court team, an up-tempo team, or a balanced team? I think Coach Rich will have them pushing the tempo for the most part. With the ball handlers and big guys who can get up and down the floor there's no reason not to. There will be some struggles and hopefully the young guys can come in and contribute. With what seems to be a wide open Summit League this season, this team can be very competitive.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2014/2015 Team

Like everything you've said here I agree with it all. I really think Kory Brown will step up as a scorer and Dupree as well. I'm excited to see what AJ brings, I've heard nothing but good things it's now his time to show them. The one thing that we are missing from this list of 6 upper classman is a solid outside shooting presence, I know Jacobson shot pretty well in high school but can he do it with D1 defensive talent in his face. I'm looking for either Paul Miller or Jake Showalter to be a guy that can come off the bench and be a spark to knock down some 3s. My guess is that Trey Miller and Wesenberg are the other two that will play right away and will definitely help add a little size to our rotation. Can't wait til Wednesday to see how this team is coming together

LA KB & CD should be fun to watch on the court together with their attitude/fun!!

AJ, Kading & Wesenberg will get alot of playing time.

Werner needs to be the HAMMER bang and bash.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Good opening post. I hope you're right about Rich encouraging a faster tempo. I think it fits our personnel much better to play faster and run some breaks. We really have to rebound well if that's going to be our style and that's where I'm anxious to see how we do.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Definitely been a while since we have had this many question marks.

We have some very capable players. I LOVE our perimeter with LA, Dupree, Brown, and even AJ thrown in there. I think it's the best perimeter team we have had in the NDSU D1 era - maybe ever.

I don't really buy our inside at all. Kading has a lot to prove, huge shoes to fill, and no help. He was nothing more than a guy stealing minutes last year and now he's going to be banked on as the man inside. That is a signifantly huge jump. He also had a better freshman year statistically than last year and now has to handle the bulk of the load statistically as well. This is just my opinion, but I don't think much of Dexter as a D1 basketball player. I would absolutey love to eat crow if he proves me wrong. Not really sure, at all what else we have inside.

I think it will be a struggle this year. I just hope we vcan find a way not to overwork out perimiter players. I think we can be capable in the Summit on any given night, but I'm not sure what kind of all around season we will have, especially OOC. I think it will be a great year to see what Richman can do as a coach, because he has his work cut out for him especially on the inside. I really like Richman and th culture he brings.

SHould be a very fun season to watch and I can't wait to see the guys.

Damn. This is going to be a fun year. Too bad the weather sucks so often making the drive from Bismarck a pain in the arse or I'd have season tickets
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

21-10 should be the bottom in my opinion.

Only guaranteed losses are Iowa Texas Southern Mississippi and at Oral Roberts

Akron, Kent State Utep and at Denver should be losses.

drop 1-2 games that you shouldn't.

there's your 21-10! (but really only 18-10 since crookston & naia und & northland college are on schedule)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Win at home. Steal a few on the road. My basketball acumen is limited to 2K. That will be all.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

#NDSU MBB HC Dave Richman says Evan Wesenberg, Jake Showalter and Paul Miller will play as true freshmen @summithoops
    https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...70562998427648

Sounds about right! Really excited for Paul Miller!!!