Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 UNI Panthers

Default 2014 UNI Panthers

Might as well get this one started early since there is nothing more to talk about in the 37-17 drubbing of the Jackrabbits.

Going in, the SDSU game didn't scare me, but this UNI game does. They still have quite a bit of firepower left and are 2-0 under their new QB (Brion Carnes). They seem to be a different, and better, team with this new guy at the helm. They just beat an undefeated team in ISUr and their, proverbial, backs are against the wall. One more loss and they are out of the playoffs. One can safely assume that they have a lot more to play for than us. Plus, the game is in the UNIdump, and we all know that the "big garage" is a tough place to play.

Default Re: 2014 UNI Panthers

UNI coaches need to get the ball to DJ a lot next week. Make the Bison shut him down. Carnes I think is a better runner but his throwing is inconsistent.

No turnovers for the Bison and grind out the TOP.

I suspect it will be a hard hitting game and Farley will have his team ready.

UNI's defense is great. David Johnson is a stud and we need to keep him in check. Their offense and coaching staff is terrible. They'd be better off just keeping the defense on the field and hand the ball to DJ all the time. I don't know why they think Carnes is a better QB, the guy was like 10-30 with 1 TD and 2 INT's! He also had -9 yards rushing!

Carnes was brutal passing today. 10-30 117yds 1TD 2 INT. They basically won in spite of their offense.

UNI had 235yds of offense with David Johnson accounting for 134 of them. He also had a KO return TD

UNI had a blocked punt for a TD, a kick off return TD and a pick 6 today.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

On the radio postame show, Phil Hansen said that this game will be the Super Bowl for UNI and I agree.

SDSU made a real game of todays matchup, by scouting the Bison thoroughly, finding tendencies and exploiting them.

UNI can do the same thing, but I think its our turn to make adjustments both on offense and defense. If UNI tries to find holes in the Bison defense, based on todays game, I don't think they will learn much.

If they try to figure out the Bison offense, join the club in trying to figure THAT out, with todays play calling... lol, sorry!

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    On the radio postame show, Phil Hansen said that this game will be the Super Bowl for UNI and I agree.

SDSU made a real game of todays matchup, by scouting the Bison thoroughly, finding tendencies and exploiting them.

UNI can do the same thing, but I think its our turn to make adjustments both on offense and defense. If UNI tries to find holes in the Bison defense, based on todays game, I don't think they will learn much.

If they try to figure out the Bison offense, join the club in trying to figure THAT out, with todays play calling... lol, sorry!
    I hear ya barking big dog!
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

I hope that UNI hopes are up so we can dash them!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I wonder if this is the game where we plan to wentz's strengths....might see a a bit more open offense next week, UNI is tough against the run,

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I wonder if this is the game where we plan to wentz's strengths....might see a a bit more open offense next week, UNI is tough against the run,
    Agreed. We will (and should) try to run but the passing game will be big next week

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Agreed. We will (and should) try to run but the passing game will be big next week
    While they are only giving up 102 yes per game over the season, ISUr got 234 yds today with 188 yds net rushing after the sacks were deducted. I think the Bison can run the ball.