Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brainerd rubes

Default Brainerd rubes

I see the NDSU alumni page lists the Boulder taphouse as having the bison games on TV. Does anyone else know of any other locations that have bison games on TV?

Is the Boulder taphouse in the old Famous Dave's building? Looks like it from google maps.

Default Re: Brainerd rubes

yes it is in the Daves location.

Dave is getting less and less famous all the time. They closed one here after 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Dave is getting less and less famous all the time. They closed one here after 3 years.
    He is famous for sucky food.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Back in 2002 the wife (girlfriend back then) and I used to enjoy the one in Minnetonka. We ate at the Baxter one once and it was not worth the money. Is the one in Fargo still open? If so how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Say what? I love Famous Daves. Good stuff...can't say I've had a bad item from them.

As for the Boulder Taphouse, they do show games there...but not last weekend. The manager tried her best, but she was not skilled in the ways of teh xbox and interwebs...but she was easy on the eyes. We also ate there the night before...good selection of burgers & fries, amongst other options.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

bwws brainerd. all they have to do is call jeremy in fargo north bww's to get the coordinates.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs View Post
    Back in 2002 the wife (girlfriend back then) and I used to enjoy the one in Minnetonka. We ate at the Baxter one once and it was not worth the money. Is the one in Fargo still open? If so how is it?
    I've been to the one in Hayward Wi back in 2000 it was really good (I think that is the "original" Famous Daves?) Fargo has been great/good for the most part but it seems to be a bit on a downward slide lately just haven't had the desire to go there like I use to? Don't know if that may be just a whole franchise wide thing or just Fargo. I haven't really been to any other famous dave's anywhere else than Fargo/Bismarck & Hayward WI.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Pftt. I agree with Tranny. Never had a bad item. I've tried supposed great BBQ from other areas of the country and was not impressed.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

The original Famous Dave's in Hayward, WI burned down early this morning. Insert "burnt ends" joke here...

http://www.haywardwi.com/news/origin...cb5eff19d.html
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)