Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Athletics to Release 400 Additional Tickets for Dakota Marker Game

Default Re: NDSU Athletics to Release 400 Additional Tickets for Dakota Marker Game

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    I'm not ripping on the students for not claiming all their tickets for this game. Just saying that if SDSU is 'the rival', then the buzz would be much more for this game. This time of year has shown to be difficult to get the student section packed, so only a true rival could do that.

If this week's game wasn't sdsu, you'd see a lot fewer students. Just wait two weeks and see what I mean.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Default Re: NDSU Athletics to Release 400 Additional Tickets for Dakota Marker Game

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    I'm not ripping on the students for not claiming all their tickets for this game. Just saying that if SDSU is 'the rival', then the buzz would be much more for this game. This time of year has shown to be difficult to get the student section packed, so only a true rival could do that.
    The students were in elementary school last time we played UN_ in football. There is no rivalry with students. Older fans yes.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The students were in elementary school last time we played UN_ in football. There is no rivalry with students. Older fans yes.
    You can't possibly think that the students don't think that UN_ and us aren't rivals. Any student that has lived in ND grew up around it. Yes, they haven't witnessed a football game yet, but they still know about it. I teach elementary in rural ND, and there is 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders that argue about the Bison and Who. Granted there's a lot more on the Bison side.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    You can't possibly think that the students don't think that UN_ and us aren't rivals. Any student that has lived in ND grew up around it. Yes, they haven't witnessed a football game yet, but they still no about it. I teach elementary in rural ND, and there is 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders that argue about the Bison and Who. Granted there's a lot more on the Bison side.
    Yes, but remember the majority of students are now from Minnesota and haven't watched the two schools play.

If someone grew up where you or I did, I completely agree with you, but there are more students who didn't so I think this aspect has diminished over time.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    You can't possibly think that the students don't think that UN_ and us aren't rivals. Any student that has lived in ND grew up around it. Yes, they haven't witnessed a football game yet, but they still know about it. I teach elementary in rural ND, and there is 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders that argue about the Bison and Who. Granted there's a lot more on the Bison side.
    They know there used to be a rivalry but theu are not passionate about it. Like Gully said half the students are from Minnesota

Older fans yes. Current students no

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Penn State has a 21,000 student section with 45,000 students.....they seem to do a way better job than we do despite not being an elite football school anymore.
    Yes, but how many of those are actually students? My niece went to Ohio State and when OSU was in town, she and her friends where constantly using their student conections to get tickets for non student friends, parents, relatives, etc. She graduated two years ago and still attends most home games with a student ticket via her student ticket "buddy conections." When tickets are a hot comodity in the big football schools, many student tickets find their way into the hands of the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Yes, but how many of those are actually students? My niece went to Ohio State and when OSU was in town, she and her friends where constantly using their student conections to get tickets for non student friends, parents, relatives, etc. She graduated two years ago and still attends most home games with a student ticket via her student ticket "buddy conections." When tickets are a hot comodity in the big football schools, many student tickets find their way into the hands of the general public.
    You think it's any different in Fargo?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They know there used to be a rivalry but theu are not passionate about it. Like Gully said half the students are from Minnesota

Older fans yes. Current students no
    I am not arguing one bit. I understand a majority of our enrollment is from Minnesota. I understand that we are more invested in the rivalry than our youth and younger Bison fans. But to say that they are not passionate about it. I bet if you asked the casual student (where ever they are from) who attends sporting events, they would still tell you our rival is UN_. Look at the turnout for the UN_ vs NDSU volleyball game this year.

Many schools are struggling getting students in their sections. It is easier to watch it on TV, have a party, or go and watch it at a bar or a restaurant. Michigan St has been very public about their student section being almost empty for many of their games and they are a top 10 team in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    You think it's any different in Fargo?
    I know of many people this year that have been denied access at the door because the student ID didn't match the person who showed it. A buddy that tailgates with us said that they actually have your picture pop up on their scanner when you give them your ticket (I've usually had too much beer at that time to be paying any attention). I know in the past it was easy to get away with but it sounds like they really cracked down this year. In the event of a larger stadium I would really like to see NDSU do what the Goofers do and allow each student to purchase one student guest pass for the game when their friends come to town to visit. I think most people on this board would be surprised at the demand for that type of ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by swaghook View Post
    nobody should be complaining about this, ndsu is finally doing the right thing and selling the unused tickets to the general public.
    bingo!

Exactly!