Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 2014 SDSU Jackrabbits

Default Re: 2014 SDSU Jackrabbits

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Mel must have watched his tapes against the bison and figured he can't play rb.
    He actually just saw the 2013 Bison/Jacks game and assumed that because he only had 8 carries for 4 yards that he must be a FB. A featured back is going to get more than 8 carries and to his credit they were a very impressive 4 yards.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    He actually just saw the 2013 Bison/Jacks game and assumed that because he only had 8 carries for 4 yards that he must be a FB. A featured back is going to get more than 8 carries and to his credit they were a very impressive 4 yards.
    Was that the game that Perry put the monster hit on him right off the bat? If so Zenner probably thought that he was a FB and shouldn't be carrying the ball. You might also recall Stig said afterwards that he made a mistake by not keep giving Zenner the ball---great thinking---I should have keep trying what didn't work.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Guys with Zenner's skin color are fullbacks in the NFL until they can prove otherwise. Reverse of the way it used to be for QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Was that the game that Perry put the monster hit on him right off the bat? If so Zenner probably thought that he was a FB and shouldn't be carrying the ball. You might also recall Stig said afterwards that he made a mistake by not keep giving Zenner the ball---great thinking---I should have keep trying what didn't work.
    The invention of the Zenner as a unit of measure, has it's roots in Brookings,SD an away game.
    Also occurring was over flow toilets and their version of No Food Football. I was present on the Yello Bleachers of Death (RIP)
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Thanks---they all seem to run together after a while----the hit I am thinking about must have been 2012 in Fargo. Glad you survived the bleachers---I was there for a game early last decade and once was enough for me.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Since 2010, here's a year by year look at how many fullbacks have been drafted and the round drafted:

2010: John Connor (5); Jameson Konz (7)
    2011: Owen Maricec (4); Anthony Sherman (5); Charles Clay (6); Shaun Chapas (7); Stanley Havili (7)
    2012: Rhett Ellison (4); Bradie Ewing (5); Drake Dunsmore (7)
    2013: Kyle Juszcyk (4); Braden Wilson (6); Tommy Bohanon (7)
    2014: Jay Prosch (6); Kiero Small (7); Trey Millard (7)

Not a position where you are likely to be drafted, especially from the FCS ranks. Only one of these is FCS, Juszcyk from Harvard. If Zenner is being looked at for a fullback spot, his running and pass catching capabilities might separate him and increase his stock, but doubtful anyone would use a draft choice on someone at a position you didn't play in college that teams just don't draft anymore.

At any rate, I hope you gets an opportunity to plat somewhere whether its running back or fullback..
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Since 2010, here's a year by year look at how many fullbacks have been drafted and the round drafted:

2010: John Connor (5); Jameson Konz (7)
    2011: Owen Maricec (4); Anthony Sherman (5); Charles Clay (6); Shaun Chapas (7); Stanley Havili (7)
    2012: Rhett Ellison (4); Bradie Ewing (5); Drake Dunsmore (7)
    2013: Kyle Juszcyk (4); Braden Wilson (6); Tommy Bohanon (7)
    2014: Jay Prosch (6); Kiero Small (7); Trey Millard (7)

Not a position where you are likely to be drafted, especially from the FCS ranks. Only one of these is FCS, Juszcyk from Harvard. If Zenner is being looked at for a fullback spot, his running and pass catching capabilities might separate him and increase his stock, but doubtful anyone would use a draft choice on someone at a position you didn't play in college that teams just don't draft anymore.

At any rate, I hope you gets an opportunity to plat somewhere whether its running back or fullback..
    Zenner is a great back, but he is not, I repeat, NOT a FB. He is a dwarf in that respect. I cannot believe this is being discussed.