Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 SDSU Jackrabbits

Default 2014 SDSU Jackrabbits

Looks like a fun game for Kyle Emanuel and the DE packages.....

South Dakota State has a two-pronged pass rush problem, struggling to start and stop it.

That was brought to light again Saturday, the No. 13-ranked Jackrabbits giving up six sacks
    and not notching any in a 30-27 loss to No. 17 Youngstown State at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

SDSU ranks 104th out of 121 teams in the FCS in sacks allowed (26). They're 105th in sacks forced (10). It's an indication that the Jacks' retooled offensive and defensive lines haven't come together as well as expected.
    Austin Sumner – to the surprise of most, including some in the program – was in uniform for the first time since breaking three bones in his right foot in the first quarter of the season opener.

Does that mean Sumner, who began the season as the FCS active leader in career passing yards, has been ruled out for the NDSU game? No.

"That's a ways away," Stiegelmeier said with a smile.
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...rush/17987511/

Sounds like Stigs is trying to bait the Bison into preparing for both SDSU QB's.
    I have trouble believing Stigs would send out a QB for his first game back from injury, with a bad foot and all,
    against the Bison pass-rush. But Rabbit QB Berry does come to mind.........

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2014 SDSU Jackrabbits

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

Sounds like Stigs is trying to bait the Bison into preparing for both SDSU QB's.
    I have trouble believing Stigs would send out a QB for his first game back from injury, with a bad foot and all,
    I actually don't think Stig is baiting NDSU at all. It was Sumner's last homecoming and he wanted to be part of it and wanted to dress. From most people there, he is still walking with a pretty noticable limp. I know he's getting weekly check ups with the doctors, I would be shocked if he's cleared to play.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

and this ....

John Stiegelmeier ... continued .... – without being asked – brought up a personal regret: Deciding to go for it on fourth-and-1 from the YSU 22-yard line in the middle of the third quarter rather than calling on reliable kicker Justin Syrovatka to attempt a tying field goal. After a timeout by the Penguins, the Jacks (5-3, 2-2) ran the ball up the gut with All-American back Zach Zenner; he was stuffed.

Two other interesting tidbits from the article:

Zenner ran for 114 yards for the game. (Where would that put him in Saturday's POLL?)

SDSU held the ball more than 36 minutes to less than 24 for Youngstown but allowed almost 10 yards per pass and 5.6 yards per rush.
    Last edited by VirginiaBison; 10-27-2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I actually don't think Stig is baiting NDSU at all. It was Sumner's last homecoming and he wanted to be part of it and wanted to dress. From most people there, he is still walking with a pretty noticable limp. I know he's getting weekly check ups with the doctors, I would be shocked if he's cleared to play.
    You would be shocked if Stig put a kid in the game that shouldn't have medically went in? Haven't we been over this????

If you can't block....don't put a statue in at QB. 3rd and long after two stuffed up the gut runs.....trouble.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

So what's the over/under on how soon SDSUfans turns to how awful we are here at Bisonville? I'll say around Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    So what's the over/under on how soon SDSUfans turns to how awful we are here at Bisonville? I'll say around Wednesday.
    They will come on here and complain non stop...but it was and is true. I will say it again, it is impressive what they do, they are located next to nothing and in the middle of nothing, and they put together a competitive squad. It would be tough to go against NDSU and Fargo right now. If they were in Sioux Falls.....they could be something. They go through alot of coaches. if you compare where our coaches come from, their background, their experience, and what we pay them....vs other Dakota schools....you will quickly understand how serious NDSU is about football.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Some news on the injury front......

Fargo, ND
    Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY · 3 hrs3 hours ago

#NDSU HC Chris Klieman says Travis Beck and Austin Kuhnert will play Saturday, Jeremy Kelly and Kevin Vaadeland still in doubt #FCSFootball
    The depth chart shows Beck starting at LB with Littlejohn back in the middle.
    Adam Schueller starting at LG with Kuhnert as back-up.
    It is still showing Kelly starting at RG, so if he can't go we'll see some changes......(Plankers listed as the back-up)

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

He's not playing Saturday. Dude could hardly jog on the field when the team came out for last Saturday's game. I'd be flabbergasted to see him go this Saturday. I'll be in attendance so one could easily see the shock that will appear on my face if he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    They will come on here and complain non stop...but it was and is true. I will say it again, it is impressive what they do, they are located next to nothing and in the middle of nothing, and they put together a competitive squad. It would be tough to go against NDSU and Fargo right now. If they were in Sioux Falls.....they could be something. They go through alot of coaches. if you compare where our coaches come from, their background, their experience, and what we pay them....vs other Dakota schools....you will quickly understand how serious NDSU is about football.
    Weird comment. You have a different Head football,men's BB ,and womens BB coach and staff.

If Sumner can't move well, NDSU is the last team I would play him against. The Bison DL in the dome is a nightmare for any healthy QB.