ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2014 SDSU Jackrabbits

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Why not both?
    Cuz reasoning in a circle makes me dizzy

Here is a good article on the game by Terry V:

http://argusne.ws/1tGLdKc

My favorite quote by Stig: "We'll be ready scheme-wise and we'll be ready with our pride."

Wow, can he lower expectations any further?

Then I read a great article by Kolpack on Stig:

http://www.inforum.com/content/kolpa...ans-his-values

I can't help but admit I love that guy. (No, not in the same way TAB loves men.....)

http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/a...ng-5857415.php

The front of the flow was "sluggish" Thursday, Oliveira said, moving less than 5 yards per hour.
    ...still faster than Zenner against the Bison.

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You know I looked at the starting two-deep for SDSU v Cal Poly and it looks exactly the same for the offensive and defensive line. Is it because Greger missed some games in between then and now?

BTW, somebody on the Bunny Board made a good point, SDSU has the best Sagarin rating of any FCS team NDSU has played so far. In fact, our November schedule is pretty loaded. Sagarin rankings with the FCS-only in parentheses:

34 North Dakota State (1)
    53 Illinois State *DNP* (2)
    61 Iowa State
    82 Northern Iowa (6)
    83 SDSU (7)
    96 Indiana State (10)
    98 Youngstown State (11)
    103 Missouri State (15)
    112 Southern Illinois (19)
    141 Montana (32)
    148 Western Illinois (35)
    173 South Dakota (51)
    211 Weber State (83)
    235 Incarnate Word (107)

Basically, if NDSU makes it to Frisco, November's schedule should be considerably harder than December's. At the start of the playoffs, Sagarin had NDSU's three opponents ranked as follows: Furman (54), Coastal Carolina (17), New Hampshire (21).
    It was more guys going down in fall camp, not necessarily during games. I know Shoff and Mueller both went down during camp (Shoff might have been because he isn't healed from an injury from last year, can't remember for sure). So that's your two guards. I'm not trying to make excuses, they should have gotten this figured out by now, just answered a question

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    It was more guys going down in fall camp, not necessarily during games. I know Shoff and Mueller both went down during camp (Shoff might have been because he isn't healed from an injury from last year, can't remember for sure). So that's your two guards. I'm not trying to make excuses, they should have gotten this figured out by now, just answered a question
    This is exactly right. Those two guys would have been huge for us this year. The guys that replaced them just aren't as good. We had to move our center to one of the guard spots, which isn't the best position for him unfortunately, and we start a redshirt freshman that weighs 280 pounds at center. He has played pretty darn well though, considering his lack of experience. Our LT is smallish compared to the last 8 years or so. Just isn't the same offensive line we've had in the past. Those are the breaks.

Our defense's inability to stop the run and get off the field on third down against YSU is what really scares me.

wait til next year right cubbies?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by KUlawJack View Post
    This is exactly right. Those two guys would have been huge for us this year. The guys that replaced them just aren't as good. We had to move our center to one of the guard spots, which isn't the best position for him unfortunately, and we start a redshirt freshman that weighs 280 pounds at center. He has played pretty darn well though, considering his lack of experience. Our LT is smallish compared to the last 8 years or so. Just isn't the same offensive line we've had in the past. Those are the breaks.

Our defense's inability to stop the run and get off the field on third down against YSU is what really scares me.
    Kind of like NDSU losing all conference caliber LG #66 Zack Johnson(out for season) and C Colville(had to retire due to injury. We've done OK so far.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Kind of like NDSU losing all conference caliber LG #66 Zack Johnson(out for season) and C Colville(had to retire due to injury. We've done OK so far.
    This is just a rock solid point. No one's talking about it but this offensive line has replaced Turner, Colville, Gimmestad and Johnson while flipping Haeg and are still the strongest O-Line in the conference. No one's loss of offensive linemen argument is valid.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    No, not like that at all. You are obviously deeper than us on the offensive line. If we had good enough talent backing up those positions or waiting in the wings, we wouldn't be in the basement of sacks given up so far in conference. You guys, on the other hand, have/had the backups capable of avoiding the drop off. Its just a fact that SDSU has to deal with this year. We don't have the horses up front on the offensive line.