Thread: How did USD beat NAU

Default How did USD beat NAU

I can't find a message board to ask, so I thought maybe somebody might have watched this game earlier in the year. What happened in this game, was everybody healthy on USD's part. Did NAU have issues? From USD beating NAU to NAU beating EWU and the way USD is playing now. I know EWU has lost Vernon Adams for some games, what else is different? Is there a website that might have a writeup on the USD/NAU? Thanks.

Default Re: How did USD beat NAU

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    I can't find a message board to ask, so I thought maybe somebody might have watched this game earlier in the year. What happened in this game, was everybody healthy on USD's part. Did NAU have issues? From USD beating NAU to NAU beating EWU and the way USD is playing now. I know EWU has lost Vernon Adams for some games, what else is different? Is there a website that might have a writeup on the USD/NAU? Thanks.
    The short version: MVFC>Big Fluffy

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

NAU threw three INT's in the game. USD won the turnover battle.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=400553394

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If USD was in the Big Sky they would have a winning record and would be in the upper half of the conference. MVFC is head and shoulders above the other FCS conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    If USD was in the Big Sky they would have a winning record and would be in the upper half of the conference. MVFC is head and shoulders above the other FCS conferences.
    Hard to say what USD would do in the Big Sky.

Looking at the NAU v USD box score, it looked like 17 of USD's last 18 plays were runs. And USD ran for 300+ yards. You can win a lot of games running for 300+ yards when you shut down the other team's run (NAU rushed for 73 yards.)

Two words Big Fluffy Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Two words Big Fluffy Conference.
    I got 4 more words.

NDSU is just that good

I was at the USD/NAU game. Here is how this breaks down.

1. USD physically dominated the game. At halftime I seriously wondered if this was going to turn into a blowout. To start the 2nd half USD made some of their usual bonehead mistakes in the punting game allowing NAU back into the game. But with the way we were running the ball there was no way we were going to lose. NAU did not look like an FCS team, more like a D2 team. I think that is because I am used to watching MVFC football now.

2. Which leads me to #2, the MVFC is just that damn good.

3. Which leads me to #3, yes, NDSU is just that damn good too.

Firmly believe if the Yotes were in the BSC we would have won a lot more games, have confidence on our side, and would be rolling and contending for the top of that conference. We went on the road to Montana with a young backup QB in his first FCS start and competed and had chances to win that game. Beat NAU without a threat of a passing game. Yeah, I think we would have been fine in the BSC. As it stands we are in the bottom of the MVFC, heads reeling, and clawing for anything that can turn this season around. Maybe just a breather game to catch our bearings. Yep, on the road to YSU this weekend, there are no weeks off.