Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    A guy had his propane tank blow up a few years ago. Nobody was injured but if someone was standing in the wrong spot it could have killed someone. The dome already sells alcohol at basically every event, including the home show. Once every decade or so someone will die. Unfortunately accidents are just the cost if doing business IMO.

Heck I could get shit faced drunk and walk home because I'm not safe to drive... and slip on an icy sidewalk and die.

I won't buy a beer at the dome myself. I consume enough tailgating so I honestly don't care if we get it. The added revenue would be a bonus but I don't think it's going to be this pile of cash. To me I'm a grown ass man. I should should be able to buy a beer and risk death. Just my opinion.
    Personally I'm a grown boob man but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Then why have so many schools started allowing beer sales at college games? What makes Fargo so particularly dangerous relative to other locations?
    Because people put too much stock into the binge drinking stat. It's almost a joke here, we drink a lot. But do we really?

They also look at DUI stats which really don't reflect reality.

According to the google machine, ND had 29 alcohol deaths in the most recent year. DUI arrests per capita were high but the top states included Montana, Wyoming, North and South Dakota. They take population and come up with a number that is per 100K. It's too simple of a formula.

What they fail to account for is all these states are rural in nature and generally lack serious crime. That means police can focus on things like DUI's. I would be willing to bet ND is top 5 in many categories like speeding tickets or drug possession. In larger cities and states, you could probably drive drunk every day for a year and never get pulled over. Also the "per capita" probably goes off the 2010 census despite the fact ND was one of the fastest growing states and Fargo is one of the fastest growing cities.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    A guy had his propane tank blow up a few years ago. Nobody was injured but if someone was standing in the wrong spot it could have killed someone.
    There is no way a propane tank "exploded" in the lot without NDSU/Fargodome enforcing some new rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    There is no way a propane tank "exploded" in the lot without NDSU/Fargodome enforcing some new rule.
    ^^^^this...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Think he was using it as a reference (incident did not happen at dome lot) that possibilities of danger exist in many forms just because they exist doesn't mean it should be "eliminated".

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It did happen. Started a camper on fire. Was just down the row from us... Not sure if was a propane tank or something to do with the stove/oven in the camper...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

A news article on the propane stove explosion…

https://www.jamestownsun.com/news/19...son-tailgating

Herd Mentality, it happened in the row directly to the west of your/my spots, maybe 30 feet away. It was a pretty loud bang.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Herd Mentality, it happened in the row directly to the west of your/my spots, maybe 30 feet away. It was a pretty loud bang.
    I guess my point was that a propane tank did not explode. I was maybe 15ft away for the camper incident. That was not a propane tank exploding.

I guess my point was that a propane tank did not explode. I was maybe 15ft away for the camper incident. That was not a propane tank exploding.
    I agree. I recall it being a chicken wing induced bowel incident.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!