Page 94 of 135 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You nailed it. They start selling beer, I think there is a high likelihood they cut back on tailgating time...I would bet they shave off an hour. No way I would want that trade. I wouldn't be drinking in the dome either way.
    Yep , They already suggested that at one of the meetings. Iowa is looking at cutting back tailgate time also..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Yes, let's restrict things our customers want and then stand by and wonder why our business is down. HBR here we come!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Yes, let's restrict things our customers want and then stand by and wonder why our business is down. HBR here we come!
    1 hour won't hurt shit, open the taps.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    1 hour won't hurt shit, open the taps.
    Get a rope...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yep , They already suggested that at one of the meetings. Iowa is looking at cutting back tailgate time also..
    Not surprising at all and makes sense when one starts thinking about the over all liability at play.

Give me tailgating time over beer in the Dome anytime and chalk me up as another that will not be buying a beer during a game. I really do not think this will be as big of a revenue generator as people think.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That's just dumb. We could allow overnight tailgating and hand out free jag bombs upon entrance and nothing would happen. Still to this date... nobody has ever died! The nanny state is quite impressive.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's just dumb. We could allow overnight tailgating and hand out free jag bombs upon entrance and nothing would happen. Still to this date... nobody has ever died! The nanny state is quite impressive.
    Actually, a friend of mine was tailgating/drinking a few years ago (2018 playoffs I think), tripped/slipped on ice in west lot, hit his head, went into coma and died a few days later.

For me, the potential negative secondary effects of selling beer/alcohol in the Dome during games outweigh whatever relatively small financial gain (assuming there will be one after all variables/constants etc. are in the equation) NDSU may receive.

And I’m no teetotaler by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Iowa actually had a couple of students die from ETOH poisoning. They have police that check IDs at tailgate. They check IDs of people coming out of bars and just walking down the street. They have banned ETOH at frat parties. And a host of other rules.

Heres a thought. Not selling ETOH at a football game wont kill anyone either.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Then why have so many schools started allowing beer sales at college games? What makes Fargo so particularly dangerous relative to other locations?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Actually, a friend of mine was tailgating/drinking a few years ago (2018 playoffs I think), tripped/slipped on ice in west lot, hit his head, went into coma and died a few days later.

For me, the potential negative secondary effects of selling beer/alcohol in the Dome during games outweigh whatever relatively small financial gain (assuming there will be one after all variables/constants etc. are in the equation) NDSU may receive.

And I’m no teetotaler by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A guy had his propane tank blow up a few years ago. Nobody was injured but if someone was standing in the wrong spot it could have killed someone. The dome already sells alcohol at basically every event, including the home show. Once every decade or so someone will die. Unfortunately accidents are just the cost if doing business IMO.

Heck I could get shit faced drunk and walk home because I'm not safe to drive... and slip on an icy sidewalk and die.

I won't buy a beer at the dome myself. I consume enough tailgating so I honestly don't care if we get it. The added revenue would be a bonus but I don't think it's going to be this pile of cash. To me I'm a grown ass man. I should should be able to buy a beer and risk death. Just my opinion.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com