Page 91 of 135 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Agree with you but I will concede that most concerts don’t not have impressionable young attendees. So that is likely some consideration perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, but I thought there argument was they wouldn't make money on it? Also, don't most college fb games (including those where you can buy beer) have impressionable young attendees?

It just seems like people have decided the answer is "no" and now they're throwing reasons at the wall to see which ones stick.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Ok, but I thought there argument was they wouldn't make money on it? Also, don't most college fb games (including those where you can buy beer) have impressionable young attendees?

It just seems like people have decided the answer is "no" and now they're throwing reasons at the wall to see which ones stick.
    I don’t buy the “its not a money maker” argument. It probably is not a home run by any means but I just can’t believe that it would not be a net positive especially if it drives more ticket sales in this environment with diminishing interest.

Yes I’m quite sure that most if not all CFB stadiums that sell alcohol have young attendees so I also see that argument as BS. I’m just saying that it might be one reason for hesitancy in some quarters.

I also wonder if perhaps some of the neighborhood bar and restaurant owners have communicated to the school and the city their, um, “disinterest” in having a game day competitor for alcohol sales.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder if insurance isn't a factor in the profitability. The concert may cover it differently because there are more events covered by the insurance so the cost is spread out more or covered by the promoter. Plus the cost of liquor licenses may pay a factor. If the stands are run by gross who only work Bison games then they are only getting liquor licenses for 7 events (assuming playoffs don't allow alcohol sales). My Kiwanis Club used to work concessions at Colts games and every member working had to have a liquor license. I believe the club paid for it but we worked many events over the course of a year and netted about 10k for the club.

Both are pure speculation of possible expenses i have some experience with. I'm not sure if there are others. You can't just say if Texas can make X we can make 20% of X because the factors are not the same.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If NDSU can't make money selling beer they are complete buffoons and brain dead.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I see lots of teenyboppers and younger kids at country concerts where you see more drunk people then classic rock acts.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Agree with you but I will concede that most concerts don’t not have impressionable young attendees. So that is likely some consideration perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I see lots of teenyboppers and younger kids at country concerts where you see more drunk people then classic rock acts.
    They don't usually serve alcohol at political events.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If NDSU can't make money selling beer they are complete buffoons and brain dead.
    Nobody said money cant be made. The question is---how much do you need to net to justify the bullshit that goes along with it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Nobody said money cant be made. The question is---how much do you need to net to justify the bullshit that goes along with it.
    Bullshit like all the Karen's bitching about every little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats a fair point. I'm really not concerned with the bullshit . Still to this day, nobody has died tailgating.

Do they have any stats on beer at the SHAC?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I believe it's only a matter of time before beer is sold during Bison football games in the Fargodome. If/when there are several thousand empty seats for some regular season home games this year the NDSU admin will be pushed to make that decision.

Personally, I probably won't get more than 1 per game. I'll drink my off sale in the tailgate lot for 10-20% the cost of what a beer inside would cost... I don't think they'll be selling 10k+ beers per game but if it helps recoup some lost revenue in ticket sales or, even better, gets more tickets sold it's gotta be something they look at.