Page 89 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Still can't believe they aren't doing a virtual "sell out the dome" ticket drive. My group and several others have all said we would buy "tickets" even though we can't go to help sell out those extra 8-10k unoccupied seats and raise some cash.
    Nothing is preventing you from donating money on your own. We’re trying to decide how much more to give. Not having to travel to Eugene means our “fun budget” is bigger than normal.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Beer in Dome...if NDSU dominos delivery guys can shotgun beers at a NDSU party!! hahaha awesome!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/COn6e...d=ns3jr4vc9hid
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Beer in Dome...if NDSU dominos delivery guys can shotgun beers at a NDSU party!! hahaha awesome!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/COn6e...d=ns3jr4vc9hid
    I admit I always laugh when I see the bud light truck with "OFFICIAL BEER OF NDSU" lol..sure it is, JUST DON'T DRINK IT DURING THE FUCKING GAME YOU SINNERS!!!!!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I suspect opening up beer sales at NDSU football games will be taken more seriously than it ever has been before when the admin sees the number of season ticket (non)renewals and the potential open seats next fall (assuming they're able to stick with their plan of 100% capacity).

I got the feeling that the few hundred thousand it could bring in revenue didn't move the needle with the NDSU admin when they were selling out every game in their sleep. Now with the additional incentive of selling a couple thousand more tickets each game at $40-$60 a piece makes it look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I suspect opening up beer sales at NDSU football games will be taken more seriously than it ever has been before when the admin sees the number of season ticket (non)renewals and the potential open seats next fall (assuming they're able to stick with their plan of 100% capacity).

I got the feeling that the few hundred thousand it could bring in revenue didn't move the needle with the NDSU admin when they were selling out every game in their sleep. Now with the additional incentive of selling a couple thousand more tickets each game at $40-$60 a piece makes it look a lot better.
    Just the fact they are getting FBS price fot FCS game tickets is turning people away.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Just the fact they are getting FBS price fot FCS game tickets is turning people away.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yep, that's just as big of an issue as "fatigue" when it comes to dwindling demand IMO. There's no entry level price point anymore either with the cheapest season ticket in the dome being nearly $300 with Team Maker dues. I'm pretty sure they hardly sold anything in the double letter rows of the sideline student sections that were opened up for season tickets before the pandemic hit last year and that was with UND and SDSU on the fall 2020 home schedule. I'd be fine being wrong but I think season ticket demand is set to plummet this year so they're going to have to work to sell single game tickets hence the beer sales discussion amping up more than ever.

They were just talking about Arnold Palmer Spiked Ice Tea on Bison 1660, for cripes sake.

So it’s confirmed then? Beer sales at home Bison games starting this fall? Good beer too? Can someone verify this? Whose call is this again?

If so, I’ll try to get season tickets ASAP. Not that I need the beer, mind you, being relatively beer-consumption challenged at this point in my life. I just can’t stand faux-moral nanny-state BS being shoved down my throat by authoritarian people who really haven't given the question any meaningful thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    They were just talking about Arnold Palmer Spiked Ice Tea on Bison 1660, for cripes sake.

So it’s confirmed then? Beer sales at home Bison games starting this fall? Good beer too? Can someone verify this? Whose call is this again?

If so, I’ll try to get season tickets ASAP. Not that I need the beer, mind you, being relatively beer-consumption challenged at this point in my life. I just can’t stand faux-moral nanny-state BS being shoved down my throat by authoritarian people who really haven't given the question any meaningful thought.
    Fargodome's Rob Sobolik has said "All I need is 1 phone call from NDSU president Breciani and taps are open!"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Fargodome's Rob Sobolik has said "All I need is 1 phone call from NDSU president Breciani and taps are open!"
    Go Bishun. Quinshee Pattershun kicksh asssh.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I don't see a problem selling beer at college games. Back when the dome first opened I would volunteer to work at a concession stand for the Shanley booster club and we always made much more money when we had a stand that could sell beer even though I had to put up with my 9th grade students asking "Mr. Hammer, can I have a Bud Light, please?"
    It's OK to not be OK.